Tarzan is a launch strategist & email copywriter – and yes thats her real name! She teaches digital course creators how to turn a small email list into maximum profit.
BombBomb – Easily send video email to build trust faster, get more replies, and win more opportunities.
Small List, Big Profit – Claim your spot today FREE Live Masterclasss for course creators and copywroters on May 14th
3 Value Bombs
1) People are going to leave and come back – that’s a good thing.
2) Stop working on your digital course and start nurturing your list.
3) You don’t make money by just waiting. Instead build relationships.
Pitney Bowes: With SendPro Online from Pitney Bowes you can compare rates from multiple carriers, print stamps and shipping labels, and track shipments all in one place. Visit PB.com/fire and get a free 30-day trial plus a free 10 pound scale to get started!
Capterra: We use online reviews to help us make choices every day, so why should finding the right software be any different? Visit Capterra.com/fire to find the tools to make an informed software decision for your business.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to squeeze big profit from small email list with Tarzan Kay
[1:13] – Tarzan shares something interesting about herself that most people don’t know.
- She was a lounge singer in Australia before she got into entrepreneurship.
[2:30] – How realistic is it to make a thousand dollars in a single launch if you only have 1000 people on your email list?
- It depends on the subscribers, and where they come from is huge. Also your relationship with the list.
[04:42] – Have you seen people who have done some really special or cool things in a micro niche?
- Her client, Kim Constable is a great example. Her brand is The Sculpted Vegan. She teaches vegan body builders how to get a body that is so sexy that you could be on a stage and win first prize. She built her business from 0 to a million dollars in just 18 months.
[06:51] – Let’s say one of our listeners is launching for the very first time. How big does that individual email list need to be?
- Preferably 2 – 3,000. Nobody likes the work of list building, but it is important to work on building your list and nurturing them.
[09:00] – Growing from 0 to 500, to 2 to 3,000 – what are some great ways to do just that?
- For people who are new in business, they struggle just to be visible. So be more visible, book podcasts, do guest episodes, write some guest blog posts.
[10:32] – Do people really read and reply to emails? What’s your #1 tool for this?
- She is using the app BombBomb – make videos without leaving your browser tab! And It creates a gif file out of the first 3 seconds of the video for you
[13:39] – A lot of entrepreneurs seem to resist certain things when it comes to email marketing. What is that thing they resist, and what is behind that resistance?
- People are afraid of the unsubscribe. They take it so personally. People are going to leave and come back and that’s a good thing. Embrace them.
- Also, people think they are not good at writing. The only way to get good at it is to keep on doing it.
[16:25] – Everybody wants a successful digital course launch for 2019. How do you set yourself up for success?
- Take the advice that most people resist and you just show up! Start showing up on a weekly basis. Just start nurturing your list. Send them good stuff, reach out to them, or do a survey.
[19:05] – Aren’t people already getting way too much email as it is?
- Yes. Most lists they are subscribed to are being deleted right away – this is a huge opportunity to stand out and be real.
[21:00] – How do we know if our emails are effective? What metric should we be tracking to judge this?
- The simplest metric is people replying, and that goes for any size list.
[21:57] – There are people who are asking if they can just automate things and make sales. Is this possible?
- You don’t make money by just waiting. Instead build relationships.
[24:40] – Parting piece of guidance
- Email your list every single week regardless of how many subscribers you have. And watch how much it changes your life. It is a long game. If you want to be successful you have to have long game.
- Small List, Big Profit – Claim your spot today FREE Live Masterclasss for course creators and copywroters on May 14th
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!