Timo is the President and co-founder of Pipedrive. He hails from Estonia, has 18 years of sales experience, and has generated millions in deal flow throughout his career. His frustration with the CRMs at his disposal led him to develop Pipedrive as a simple CRM any salesperson could use.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Common Denominator of Success – Timo’s Best Business Book
- Google Search – Timo’s Small Business Resource
3 Key Points:
- Always enhance your ability to ask questions—as your questions improve, so will your success.
- Invest 100% of your focus on the things that are within your control.
- If you want to do something go all-in—don’t half ass it.
- LegalZoom: Make the smart choice for your business. Enter EOF at checkout to save even more!
- Allstate: As a veteran, I know how hard it is looking for a career after the military. But what if I told you there was a way to put everything you’d learned from the military to good use in a career where you get to help others? That’s what owning an Allstate agency is all about.
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:52] – John introduces Timo to the show
- [01:02] – Timo’s background
- [03:06] – There are market voids everywhere—find one you can buy into!
- [03:37] – How Pipedrive generates revenue
- [04:43] – Pipedrive has moved beyond $10M ARR
- [05:10] – Worst Entrepreneur Moment
- [07:46] – The bank reclaiming his car
- [08:09] – Getting his gas shut off
- [09:50] – Having only $2 per night to eat while living in San Francisco
- [12:05] – God will never throw more into one day than you can handle
- [12:50] – Find courage, find serenity—focus entirely on the things you can control because there’s so much you can’t
- [13:23] – Biggest Weakness?—procrastination on the implementation of good ideas
- [13:50] – Biggest Strength? – The desire to see authentic and natural energy in other people
- [14:30] – Fired Up About? – The vision of what Pipedrive will be
- [17:00] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back as an entrepreneur? — Being a philosopher instead of a doer
- What is the best advice you have ever received? — Ask better questions
- What is a personal habit that contributes to your success? — Turn pro
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation — Google Search
- One book to have on your bookshelf? — Common Denominator of Success
- [24:46] – The world is full of distractions—mitigate them as much as possible
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Real Revenue: Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and turn ANY idea into a revenue generating MACHINE!
Subscribe to EOFire!