Mark is a World Traveler, Virtual Real Estate Investor, 8-time Best-selling author, self-proclaimed “World’s Best Father”, and the host of the popular podcast show, TheRealEstatePowerHour.com. He enjoys helping investors become business owners by letting go of the vine. He is best known for Virtualizing a non-virtual business.
Click to tweet: Fire Nation, Mark shares his incredible journey on EOFire today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:02] – JLD introduces Mark to the show
- [01:30] – Mark fills in gaps of his background
- [01:44] – Virtualizing a non-virtual business
- [02:10] – How Mark generates revenue
- [03:39] – Worst Entrepreneur Moment – Hiring C and D players to save money. Great people never cost you money, they are an investment
- [04:47] – Partner that Mark brought in brought about his worst experience
- [06:50] – Mark’s take away: Partnerships are already tough; you have to figure out the path you want to take.
- [07:21] – Entrepreneur AH-HA Moment – When his grandmother was diagnosed with stage four cancer. Realized at that moment that life is short and started traveling the world (for 7 years).
- [09:33] – Live while you’re alive.
- [09:50] – Biggest Weakness: Making a fast-ish decision.
- [10:19] – Biggest strength: Very good about acknowledging weaknesses and asking for help with the rest.
- [11:39] – Is fired up: about his team.
- [14:10] – The Lightning Round:
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur: Always been an entrepreneur. “Never had a real job.”
- What was the best advice you’ve ever received: “Mark you’re not that smart…stop trying to do everything.”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success: Gets up early. Gets more accomplished in that window.
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation: Team got him hooked on Trello.
- If you could recommend one book, what would it be and why: The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz.
- Imagine you woke up in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you know no one. You still have all your experience and knowledge, but only $500 and a laptop what would you do in the next 7 days: Pull out “the good ole phone”. Reconnect with old networks, find out what they need, and close the deal.
- 19:07 – Markevansdm.com/fire
3 Key Points:
- Invest in a really good team.
- Life is short, you have to live it to the fullest.
- Stop trying to do everything yourself, ask for help.
- Therealestatepowerhour.com – Podcast
- Trello – Mark’s Small Business Resource
- The Magic of Thinking Big – Mark’s Best Business Book
- markevansdm.com/fire – Special promotion Mark is putting on.
- SquareSpace: When you decide to sign up for SquareSpace, make sure to use the promo code FIRE to get 10% off your first purchase!
- ZipRecruiter: If you’re ready to start hiring, then ZipRecruiter is where you can find your perfect candidate! Try ZipRecruiter for free today at ziprecruiter.com/fire!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Funnel On Fire: Create a funnel that converts!