Tom Poland is a multiple best-selling author who has spent 39 years as a sales and marketing professional. He is a specialist in generating the highest quality, inbound, new client inquiries. He lives in Castaways Beach, Australia and is voluntarily married.
Tom’s Scheduler – Book a convo with Tom!
Leadsology – The Science of being in demand. Learn more by checking out Tom’s website!
3 Value Bombs
1) Marketing is where you generate the leads, and selling is where you convert the leads.
2) The biggest obstacle is having an audience that has already experienced the offer you have from someone else – and they had a bad experience.
3) The great thing about marketing is that it puts an offer in front of someone who is already looking for that offer, and selling tries to convince them that the offer is a good proposal.
Thrivetime Show: Looking for a business coach who has helped thousands of entrepreneurs just like you to increase their profitability by an average of 104% per year? Schedule your free consultation today with Clay Clark at ThrivetimeShow.com/fire!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to Generate a Weekly Flow of Inbound, New Client Leads with Tom Poland
[1:21] – Tom shares something interesting about himself that most people do not know.
- Back in September 2016 he had a brain hemorrhage. He survived and is currently thriving.
[2:13] – Tom talks about the benefit of Leadsology, a best-selling trilogy he wrote.
- Leadsology is having the tools in place and having qualified people who wanted to know more about you.
[3:23] – Tom defines the distinction between marketing and selling.
- Marketing is where you generate the leads, and selling is where you convert the leads.
- Nothing happens in the business until something is sold, and nothing is sold until the lead is generated. Quality Lead Generation is essential to starting a business.
- Selling is what you have to do when your marketing is not doing well, while marketing sets up the sale for you.
[6:07] – Tom talks about the difference between inbound and outbound marketing.
- Outbound Marketing invites someone to inquire before they’re even interested in your product.
- Inbound Marketing invites someone to inquire after they’ve already expressed interest in your product.
[8:31] – Tom shares his 3 Part Marketing Model.
- 3 Elements of a Marketing Campaign:
- Audience – people get your offer. Good for Inbound Marketing
- Asset – you have to have means to get your asset out. Good for Outbound Marketing.
- Call to action
[14:21] – Where can you find a source of leads and prospects that are high quality but low in cost?
- You can buy a list
- Use Social Media
- Put up a Billboard
- Leverage other people’s network – the best source
[16:31] – What is the best way to get your message out to an audience?
- The best way to get your message out: a Webinar.
- Having a demonstration is important.
- Establish a brand.
- Be genuine with your clients.
[21:13] – Tom shares the biggest obstacle in the final buying decision, and then breaks down how you can mitigate or eliminate that obstacle
- The biggest obstacle is having an audience that has already experienced the offer you have from someone else – and they had a bad experience.
- People fear risks.
- You can eliminate the obstacle by earning the trust and confidence of your audience.
- Do not ask for outright payment from your audience.
[25:54] – Tom’s parting piece of guidance.
- The great thing about marketing is that it puts an offer in front of someone who is already looking for that offer, and selling tries to convince that someone the offer is a good proposal.
- Tom’s Scheduler – Book a convo with Tom!
- Leadsology – The Science of being in demand. Learn more by checking out Tom’s website!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!