Tony Robbins is an entrepreneur, best-selling author, philanthropist, and the nations #1 Life and Business Strategist. A recognized authority on the psychology of leadership, negotiations and organizational turnaround, he has served as an advisor to leaders around the world for more than 38 years. Author of five internationally bestselling books, including the New York Times #1 best-seller MONEY: MASTER THE GAME, Mr. Robbins has empowered more than 50 million people from 100 countries through his audio, video and life training programs. He created the #1 personal and professional development program of all time, and more than 4 million people have attended his live seminars.
Check out the amazing and free content Tony offers here!
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Business Mastery – Tony’s business bootcamp
- The Tony Robbins Podcast
- Global Learning XPrize – A competition to develop free literacy software
- My Power CFO – Tony’s virtual CFO service
3 Key Points:
- You should have an income for life that’s separate from your business. A business will always eat whatever capital is available: diversify and guarantee a living income for yourself.
- Educate yourself in accounting and business tools. To master your business you have to absolutely understand the numbers and tools around you.
- Living is giving. Fulfillment doesn’t come from success, but from contributing to the world. You’ll find happiness through giving back more than you take.
- eVoice: No need for two phones – just get a second line added to your mobile phone! Use promo code FIRE for a 60-day free trial!
- ZipRecruiter: If you’re ready to start hiring, then ZipRecruiter is where you can find your perfect candidate! Try ZipRecruiter for free today at ziprecruiter.com/fire!
Tony Robbins might just be #1 life and business strategist of all time. He’s a billionaire philanthropist, business expert and bestselling author. Tony’s written 5 books including Money: Master the Game, and is an expert in the psychology of leadership and negotiation. He’s passionate about living through giving and currently helps to feed 100 million people a year. Learn from an absolute master as Tony and John talk about diversifying income, taking ownership of your business, and the secret to finding fulfillment.
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:00] – John introduces Tony Robbins
- [03:28] – Diversification is key: have an income for life that’s separate from you business
- [04:43] – Tony put the money from his infomercial business and books aside
- [05:15] – Business owners should have one business that doesn’t need their input
- [05:43] – Income gives you freedom: master creating an income outside your business
- [06:05] – “A business will always eat whatever capital’s available”
- [06:37] – Tony donated over 100 million meals last year
- [06:53] – “When I was 11 years old we had no money and no food at Thanksgiving”
- [07:24] – He began feeding people on a small scale and scaled the programm with his business
- [07:50] – Congress is cutting food stamps this year
- [08:20] – 49 million people in America don’t know where their next meal is coming from
- [08:40] – “We’ve made a plan to feed a billion people over the next 10 years”
- [09:01] – Currently funding a competition for the best piece of free literacy software
- [09:35] – Tony has 18 companies and makes $5 billion a year in sales
- [10:22] – Don’t look at your profit and loss statement: look at cash
- [10:39] – Educate yourself in accounting
- [11:01] – 96% of businesses fail within 10 years
- [11:10] – Tony runs a Business Mastery seminar – a ‘business bootcamp’
- [12:38] – ”Stop being a business operator: start being a business owner”
- [12:54] – Take 90 minutes each week to step back and improve your whole business
- [14:58] – The main thing limiting a business is the leader’s psychology
- [15:17] – A great CFO will turn numbers into actionable intelligence
- [15:34] – Tony’s created a virtual CFO service to help entrepreneurs
- [16:23] – You can learn to grow businesses fast: but you have to throw yourself in
- [17:01] – Learn how to read business tools
- [17:17] – “Knowledge is not power: it’s potential power”
- [17:37] – Tony recently launched a podcast – now #1 on iTunes
- [21:18] – The 6 human needs
- [21:43] – People need to balance certainty/uncertainty and uniqueness/connection
- [22:35] – Progress is what makes us feel happy and alive
- [23:02] – The secret of happiness is to give more than you take
- [23:32] – “The secret to living is giving”
- [24:35] – The only things that last are growth and contribution
- [25:39] – You have to understand the rules of the game
- [26:06] – Fulfillment is a skill in itself. Success in itself does not make you happy.
- [28:15] – “Find a way to enjoy every moment”
- [28:58] – “How do I do more for others than anyone else is doing?”
- [29:30] – Parting guidance: Find a way to end suffering
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!