Mike Goncalves is the founder of The Wellness Bucket, a business that helps entrepreneurs create simple daily health habits so that they can continue to do more of what makes them awesome. He’s a health coach, speaker, marathoner, men’s physique competitor, and just recently ran his first ultra marathon: a 50 miler.
Subscribe to EOFire
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- The Wellness Bucket
- The Obstacle is the Way – Mike’s Best Business Book
- Fiverr – Mike’s Small Business Resource
3 Key Points:
- Focus on the help-factor, not the dollar-factor.
- When you change your motion, you’ll change your emotion.
- Move forward with confidence and conviction.
- Acuity: Let Acuity be the gatekeeper to your calendar. Visit AcuityScheduling.com/fire and get 45 days FREE!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:38] – John introduces Mike to the show
- [01:18] – Mike shares some of his background
- [02:56] – Learn to love competing with yourself
- [04:08] – Why be good at a few things when you can be great at one?
- [04:20] – How Mike generates revenue
- [06:42] – Worst Entrepreneur Moment
- [08:03] – Don’t sink before you ever get a chance to sail—don’t obsess over the idea of being an entrepreneur; focus on what you’re going to offer people
- [10:29] – TEST THE CONCEPT
- [10:28] – Don’t chase the dollar, chase the act of helping
- [11:14] – Entrepreneur AH-HA Moment — come at it (whatever it is) with confidence and conviction
- [15:51] – Practice gratitude and surround yourself with people who believe in you
- [16:27] – Change your motion, change your emotion
- [16:45]– Biggest Weakness?—Saying “No”
- [17:41] – Biggest Strength? – Following through
- [18:09] – Fired Up About? – Mike’s Fit Camp
- [20:27] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur?—Confidence
- What is the best advice you have ever received?—Success is not something you pursue, it’s something you attract by the person you become
- What is a personal habit that contributes to your success?—Daily exercise
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation—Fiverr
- One book to have on your bookshelf? — The Obstacle is the Way
- Imagine you awoke in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all your experience and knowledge. What’s the 1st thing you would do?—Donate the $500 and start teaching people.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!