Travis is a direct sales consultant, real estate investor, and professional connector. He is the creator and host of Build Your Network, a top business podcast dedicated to helping people cultivate genuine relationships the right way.
The 3 Networking Secrets – Join Travis for his free Masterclass!
3 Value Bombs
1) If you can connect with the top 1%, then you can become the top 1%.
2) Master the value-add. You cannot add value while expecting something back – it has to be a value-add without the expectation of receiving a value in return.
3) Every time you make yourself better, you become a more valuable person. And if you’re a more valuable person, then you can add more value to other people, which will allow you to connect with anybody that you want to connect with.
ClickFunnels: With ClickFunnels’ new One Funnel Away Challenge you can have your funnel up, running, and optimized in just 30 days! Join the next One Funnel Away Challenge for just $100 at EOFire.com/funnel!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to Connect with Anyone You Want with Travis Chappell
[1:10] – Travis shares something about himself that most people don’t know.
- He double majored in college in Bible and Church Ministries – this is where he developed his public speaking skills.
[3:06] – How does one go about creating a list of those you want to connect with?
- Create a list of interesting people – people who you want to learn from.
- Start in your own niche; look for the movers and shakers
- Ask yourself this question: Who is where you want to be?
[9:09] – What questions do you need to ask yourself in order to start connecting with them?
- Who are they? – Do your research
- Where do they hang out? – Follow them
[15:02] – Travis shares how he got connected with JLD.
- He went to Puerto Rico, made a decision to invest, and made it happen.
- Value time over money.
[21:18] – JLD talks about The Baby Effect.
[22:01] – Other questions you need to ask yourself in order to start connecting with people…
- How do I differentiate myself? – Use of platform, like creating a video, gifting people something, or sending a thank you card.
- What value can I offer? – Figure out how you can add value to people or to the world.
[27:30] – Travis talks about the 5 elements of an effective reach out message to busy people.
- Lead with value – learn how to add value to people, and then you will be able to connect with anybody you want.
[29:43] – Travis shares a quick story about how he tried to add value to JLD, and how he gained from that value add.
[33:51] – Travis continues sharing the 5 elements of an effective reach out message to busy people
- Give information – Remember you have a limited amount of words. So don’t drag on with the info you are giving.
- Build a meaningful request – Stop asking generic questions, and do not ask for more than one thing.
- Offer credibility – Insert credibility in your message will go a long way.
[40:57] – Thanks in advance. – What does that mean?
- Thanks in advance – Sign off with something that implies that people are going to get back to you – that you are thanking them for something that they haven’t done yet.
[43:54] – What’s one thing that you want to make sure Fire Nation gets from our chat today?
- If you truly want to connect with anyone that you want, then make sure to master the value-add.
[45:15] – How can we connect with you?
- The 3 Networking Secrets – Join Travis for his free Masterclass!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!