Trina is CEO of the Primal Life Organics Paleo Skincare Company, where she has developed over 100 food-based skincare solutions to feed the skin. Her entrepreneurial skills and business-savvy mindset are an inspiration to women everywhere. She is a Paleo skincare expert on biohacking the way you feed your skin. She is a certified registered nurse anesthetist and international best-selling author of Beauty’s Dirty Secret.
3 Key Points:
- Find a void, and turn it into a business opportunity.
- Find your business passion.
- Prioritize and delegate.
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Snag the Starter Package at 50% off!
- Beauty’s Dirty Secret, Trina’s best-selling book
- Rocket Fuel, Trina’s book recommendation
- Follow “trinafelber” on Snapchat and at Primal Life Organics on Facebook.
- Primal Life Organics Paleo Skincare, Trina’s company for natural, non-toxic, food-based skincare products
- Citi cards with Android Pay: A super fast way to pay! Download the Android Pay app on Google Play or visit Citi.com/androidpay to get started. (Android Pay is available for eligible Citi consumer credit and debit cards.)
- Toptal: Find the perfect developer or designer to help bring your next project to live with Toptal’s 2-week, no risk trial. Visit Toptal.com/fire or shoot me an email and I’ll personally introduce you to an executive at Toptal who can help you get set up!
- Earth Class Mail: Move your snail mail to the cloud! Visit earthclassmail.com/fire
and enter promo code FIRE to get your first month of service free!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:06] –Trina is married with three children.
- [01:45] – Trina has two dogs (and an invisible dog fence) :)
- [02:23] – How do you generate revenue in your business? – “My store is all online.”
- 02:29 – She needed to re-launch her company with a platform that was easy to use, and she chose Shopify
- [04:20] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: “I stumbled upon being an entrepreneur by mistake.”
- [04:53] – She was working as a nurse when she started her business, and it was a lot more work than she expected.
- [05:37] – Just a couple weeks ago she had to let a staff member go and become her own kitchen manager again.
- [06:20] – She didn’t put people in place soon enough. She was living in the moment and got overwhelmed.
- [07:28] – Three weeks ago, she had no one underneath her. She is learning to delegate and get work done at the same time.
- [08:08] – “I thrive on the creation and vision part.”
- [08:31] – Identify your strengths and find where you can best help your company.
- [09:27] – What do you want to make sure Fire Nation gets from your story? –“I help you look younger, feel better, and live longer with non-toxic skincare made from food.”
- [09:39] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: “The creation of my company.”
- [10:16] – She miscarried the first time she got pregnant and struggled with why.
- [11:00] – They made changes to be more aware of their environment, and she got pregnant again.
- [11:24] – She saw the ingredients in her lotion, and she saw a problem with chemical ingredients.
- [12:41] – Be open to the opportunities in the voids you find yourself.
- [13:53] – What do you want make sure Fire Nation gets from your story? – “You have every right to know what you’re using on your body or in your body.”
- [15:16] – Toxic chemicals were making her age faster.
- [16:11] –Biggest weakness? – I can’t say no.
- [16:32] – You have to prioritize.
- [17:16] – “When you say yes to something, you’re saying no to everything else.”
- [17:33] –Biggest strength?– I am very inquisitive.
- [18:33] – What has Trina most fired up today? – “Grow. I want to get the message out there.”
- [19:13] – Dirty Mouth Toothpowder and how she stumbled upon it.
- [21:48] – What is the one thing you’re most passionate about in this world?
- [23:40] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I didn’t know I was an entrepreneur.”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Hire someone better than you to get the job done.”
- What’s a personal habit that you contribute to your success? – “I’m Type A when it comes to health.”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Snapchat. It’s really simple, and customers can see you in your real life.
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Rocket Fuel
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all the experiences and knowledge you currently have – your food and shelter is taken cared of – but all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? – “I would get my next blog up and running.”
- Parting piece of advice and the best way to connect with you – primallifeorganics.com, and Primal Life Organics on Facebook. Skin is the largest organ on your body, so take care of it with natural products.
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Funnel On Fire: Create a funnel that converts!