Vinnie is an entrepreneur, husband, father, and author. He is a corporate and tax lawyer by training. He has grown and scaled multiple 8-figure businesses. He has had over 1,600 employees and understands the people are the true backbone of any growing organization.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Pipetop – Vinnie’s small business resource
- Man’s Search For Meaning – Vinnie’s top business book
- Fully Accountable
- Vinnie’s website
- Get a free business consultation from Vinnie’s team
3 Key Points:
- Know your numbers. Understand the key metrics of your business, and have someone look at them every day. It’s the only way to build a sustainable business.
- Build a great team. Invest in people to help them grow, and you’ll never regret it.
- Don’t give up.
- DesignCrowd: Post your design project on DesignCrowd today and get a special $100 VIP offer! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire and enter the discount code FIRE when posting your project!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:21] – Vinnie is married with 4 kids
- 02:02 – His core business is currently a done-for-you accounting service called Fully Accountable
- [02:36] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Putting almost $4 million into a web hosting company and handing the reins to someone who wasn’t capable of running the company – it tanked in 7 months
- [04:14] – Know your numbers! It’s crucial to understand the key metrics of your company.
- [06:26] – “The best thing that you can do is hire a young marketing kid who has some experience with data tools. Park them in your office and have them look at your numbers every day and report the fluctuations.”
- [08:02] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: While in charge of an AdWords campaign he realized that his real talent was assembling a fantastic team and that he needed to focus on that
- [08:38] – “You don’t magically find A-players. You find good people and help them grow.”
- [10:44] – “As soon as I started seeking out mentorship and coaching for my weak areas, my approach to business turned around.”
- [12:28] – Biggest weakness? – “I’m a terrible finisher”
- [12:49] – “Invest in people who are great at what you’re terrible at.”
- [13:13] – Biggest strength? – “I can take very complicated problems and find simple, actionable solutions”
- [13:50] – What has Vinnie most fired up today? – “Helping entrepreneurs not be trapped in their business”
- [15:38] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I don’t know that anything was”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Just remember one thing: Speed Kills”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I spend quiet time every morning by myself getting positioned correctly”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Pipetop
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Man’s Search For Meaning
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all the experiences and knowledge you currently have – your food and shelter is taken cared of – but all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? – I believe one of the gifts we have is information. I would start an information business.
- 18:217 – Connect with Vinnie via Fully Accountable or at his website
- 18:43 – Vinnie is offering a free business consultation to Fire Nation!
- [20:03] – Parting piece of guidance: “Don’t give up. And don’t make decisions when you’re tired.”
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, Grow and monetize YOUR Podcast!