Walker Williams and Evan Stites-Clayton are the Co-Founders of Teespring. These two Brown University students created a website that leveraged the crowdfunding model to successfully sell a t-shirt to commemorate their favorite college bar that shut down. Within six hours they had amassed hundreds of pre-order sales via PayPal. Coupled with the success of the momentous sale, they received interest from clubs, communities and individuals who all expressed interest in creating similar campaigns for their custom products. The concept for Teespring was born.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- “We try to build painkillers, not vitamins.” – an Evan and Walker original click to tweet!
- Their business prior to creating Teespring failed because they never tested the concept, and the product didn’t solve a painful enough problem.
Entrepreneurial AHA Moment
- Wow, it is really hard to order shirts for a cause when you have no $$. Hhhmmmmmmmm…
- Teespring had a VERY successful stint at Y-Combinator, and they sold 75,000 shirts last month. Things are a rockin!
Top Business Resource
- Stack Overflow: A language-independent collaboratively edited Q&A site for programmers.
Best Business Book
- LegalZoom: Enter code FIRE at checkout for killer savings! LegalZoom: Online legal document preparation services.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!