In this episode I answer ONE question from YOU, Fire Nation, to help you take your business to the next level. Wondering what step to take next? Looking for feedback on a project or idea you have? I’m here for you! Be sure to follow me on Facebook and Instagram because that’s where I post to let you know when I’m recording my Q&A sessions! Today we dive deep into The Gig Economy with Harry Campbell.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
TheRideshareGuy.com – Harry’s website
Episode 786 – Harry’s past episode on Entrepreneurs On Fire
Bird Electric Scooter – Company that Harry has a gig with as a charger
3 Value Bombs
1) Don’t be upset when you miss a trend – instead, keep your finger on the pulse and look for other possible opportunities.
2) If you see something worth trying, take action! It’s the first people who take action that get the best results.
3) Having a gig is a great practice when you’re first starting out in business.
DesignCrowd: If you’re not much of a designer, but are looking for ideas for your next logo, websites design or even your new business cards, then DesignCrowd can help! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire for a special one $100 VIP offer for Fire Nation!
Upstart: If your path to financial freedom seems far away, or if you’re feeling like breaking out of the revolving debt cycle is impossible, then check out Upstart. Visit Upstart.com/fire to check your Upstart rate – it only takes 2 minutes and it won’t affect your credit! *Loans are offered by Cross River Bank, a New Jersey state chartered commercial bank; restrictions apply, for details visit Upstart.com/fire
Gusto: Gusto makes payroll, benefits, and HR easy for modern small businesses! And right now Gusto is offering Fire Nation an exclusive, limited-time deal. Sign up today and you’ll get 3 months FREE once you run your first payroll! Visit Gusto.com/fire to sign up today!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
[00:25] – In today’s Q&A Episode we really focus in on The Gig Economy
[00:55] – JLD hops on a Skype call with Harry from Los Angeles, CA
- Harry talks about his latest gig with Bird Electric Scooter
- Harry has gigs that make “decent money” – tune in to hear how much “decent” is and what he really does as a Bird charger!
- The Bird article on his site now has over 50,000 views in just 30 days!
[07:19] – “There is always that next thing.” Don’t be upset if you miss a trend. Just look around and keep your finger on the pulse!
[08:49] – More about Bird chargers — Harry gives us a breakdown and some details about his gig
- Harry’s full-time “job” is running his own blog, TheRideshareGuy.com.
- Note: “It’s all about trying new things.” And it’s the first people to take action who get the disproportionate results!
[13:51] – Harry also has a podcast!
- Check it out over at TheRideshareGuy.com
- The value exchange for his podcast listeners vs. his blog visitors: does Harry know his actual numbers? Tune in to find out!…
[17:43] – JLD is excited about this topic because this is the core of being an entrepreneur — The Gig Economy.
- Having a side gig is a GREAT practice when running your own business!
[22:26] – Harry’s Question to JLD: What do you do when you start feeling burnt out?
- What are you working towards? Is the first question that needs to be answered. If you’re clear on that, then you’ll know what to do next
- JLD and Kate are very focused on investing back in the business and in themselves for their ultimate goal of FREEDOM
- JLD talks about their upcoming plans and launches, as well as the things that keep him on track (including their 65-day European trip coming up this October!)
[30:16] – Harry’s North Star is Excitement. He’s always looking to work on interesting projects that nobody else is doing
[33:12] – Tune in to hear Harry’s parting piece of guidance!
- Connect with Harry on TheRideshareGuy.com and get a copy of his new book, The Rideshare Guide. Finally, don’t forget to check out Harry’s past episode on Entrepreneurs On Fire, Episode 786
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!