In this episode I answer ONE question from YOU, Fire Nation, to help you take your business to the next level. Wondering what step to take next? Looking for feedback on a project or idea you have? I’m here for you! Be sure to follow me on Facebook and Instagram because that’s where I post to let you know when I’m recording my Q&A sessions! Today we dive deep into The Gig Economy with Harry Campbell.
- Free Training: 3 hours to YOUR BIG IDEA! Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and in just 3 hours you’ll discover YOUR BIG IDEA!
- TheRideshareGuy.com – Harry’s website
- Episode 786 – Harry’s past episode on Entrepreneurs On Fire
- Bird Electric Scooter – Company that Harry has a gig with as a charger
3 Key Points:
- Don’t be upset when you miss a trend – instead, keep your finger on the pulse and look for other possible opportunities.
- If you see something worth trying, take action! It’s the first people who take action that get the best results.
- Having a gig is a great practice when you’re first starting out in business.
Time Stamped Show Notes
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
- [00:25] – In today’s Q&A Episode we really focus in on The Gig Economy
- [00:55] – JLD hops on a Skype call with Harry from Los Angeles, CA
- Harry talks about his latest gig with Bird Electric Scooter
- Harry has gigs that make “decent money” – tune in to hear how much “decent” is and what he really does as a Bird charger!
- The Bird article on his site now has over 50,000 views in just 30 days!
- [07:19] – “There is always that next thing.” Don’t be upset if you miss a trend. Just look around and keep your finger on the pulse!
- [08:49] – More about Bird chargers — Harry gives us a breakdown and some details about his gig
- Harry’s full-time “job” is running his own blog, TheRideshareGuy.com.
- Note: “It’s all about trying new things.” And it’s the first people to take action who get the disproportionate results!
- [13:51] – Harry also has a podcast!
- Check it out over at TheRideshareGuy.com
- The value exchange for his podcast listeners vs. his blog visitors: does Harry know his actual numbers? Tune in to find out!…
- [17:43] – JLD is excited about this topic because this is the core of being an entrepreneur — The Gig Economy.
- Having a side gig is a GREAT practice when running your own business!
- [22:26] – Harry’s Question to JLD: What do you do when you start feeling burnt out?
- What are you working towards? Is the first question that needs to be answered. If you’re clear on that, then you’ll know what to do next
- JLD and Kate are very focused on investing back in the business and in themselves for their ultimate goal of FREEDOM
- JLD talks about their upcoming plans and launches, as well as the things that keep him on track (including their 65-day European trip coming up this October!)
- [30:16] – Harry’s North Star is Excitement. He’s always looking to work on interesting projects that nobody else is doing
- [33:12] – Tune in to hear Harry’s parting piece of guidance!
- DesignCrowd: If you’re not much of a designer, but are looking for ideas for your next logo, websites design or even your new business cards, then DesignCrowd can help! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire for a special one $100 VIP offer for Fire Nation!
- Upstart: If your path to financial freedom seems far away, or if you’re feeling like breaking out of the revolving debt cycle is impossible, then check out Upstart. Visit Upstart.com/fire to check your Upstart rate – it only takes 2 minutes and it won’t affect your credit! *Loans are offered by Cross River Bank, a New Jersey state chartered commercial bank; restrictions apply, for details visit Upstart.com/fire
- Gusto: Gusto makes payroll, benefits, and HR easy for modern small businesses! And right now Gusto is offering Fire Nation an exclusive, limited-time deal. Sign up today and you’ll get 3 months FREE once you run your first payroll! Visit Gusto.com/fire to sign up today!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Goals Course: Accomplish a meaningful goal!