Aaron is one of the world’s top digital marketers according to Forbes, a regular international speaker, and co-founder of Louder.Online, a global marketing agency that has worked with some of the largest companies in the world to drive traffic, leads and sales.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
The 4-Hour Work Week – Aaron’s Top Business Book
Louder.Online – Aaron’s website
Connect with Aaron on Twitter
The Mastery Journal – Master Productivity, Discipline, and Focus in 100 days!
How To Finally Win – Learn how to create your dream life one step at a time!
3 Value Bombs
1) In marketing, focus on traffic, leads, and sales.
2) Mistakes don’t have to be repeated—learn from them.
3) Your data is valuable.
Four Sigmatic: Mushroom Coffee – that doesn’t actually taste like mushrooms – and that has a ton of benefits! It tastes just like regular coffee, and I love that it gives me a strong and steady energy force that lasts the entire day thanks to the active ingredient: Lion’s mane mushroom. Visit FourSigmatic.com/fire and enter promo code FIRE for 15% off your order today!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[01:05] – Aaron co-founded Louder.Online with his partner ten years ago
[01:31] – He is now married to his co-founder and has two kids and a dog
[01:52] – His wife was in marketing at IBM years ago while Aaron was in IT
[02:30] – Aaron’s area of expertise is in content marketing
[03:07] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: It’s more about how people should approach their search for a marketing agency. The real need is traffic, leads, and sales but people often get hooked on a specific channel
[04:26] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: There were stages in his business where Aaron’s clients didn’t pay their dues (up to tens of thousands of dollars), which destroyed their cash flow. The money owed to them was below the cost of legal fees so they didn’t push cases any more. The total money they wrote off was about $100K
[06:09] – Learn from your mistakes and the mistakes of others
[06:39] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: His team created a SaaS tool with pre-click data that’s available to everyone—it’s a success for Aaron’s team and their clients
[08:23] – “The gold is in the data”
[09:12] – “Don’t rely on post-click data”
[09:37]– What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “It’s knowing that we’re impacting businesses in a really positive way”
[11:02] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Absolutely nothing”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Travel”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I’m relentless”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – John Lee Dumas, Neil Patel, and Tim Ferris
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The 4-Hour Work Week – “It came out right when we started our business”
[15:39] – “Take the risk”
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!