Marcus is a 3rd generation entrepreneur with over 25 years of entrepreneurship exposure, over 11 years of business management / marketing experience and over 9 years of IT experience, professional speaking and training experience.
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Darren Daily and Upwork – Marcus’ small business resources
- Money Master the Game – Marcus’ Top Business Book
- Marcus’ website
- EOFire – Check out JLD’s 5 FREE courses for you!
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Act upon your passion and purpose.
- Believe that your words will come true.
- Be persistent and consistent in your pursuits.
- Ripl: An app designed especially for small businesses to help you attract new customers – plus engage with existing ones – on social media. Visit Ripl.com/fire to start your free 7-day trial today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:06] – Marcus is a family man
- [01:42] – His area of expertise is in marketing and helping people understand the dynamics of marketing
- [02:17] – Marcus’ true passion is helping people live out their life’s purpose
- [02:40] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Sometimes the little things are what trip us up the most. As an entrepreneur, we need to understand how much marketing is available to us. Identify what your competitors are doing and where you can leverage innovation and new technology
- [04:22] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: It was when Marcus came to the conclusion that he was failing in business and not actually operating in his purpose. Marcus came from a family of successful entrepreneurs.
- [05:38] – Marcus pivoted to speaking
- [06:07] – He found a way to leverage his gift of speaking in his business
- [06:54] – Give yourself some time to find your passion and purpose
- [07:25] – Inside, you already know what your passion is—so follow it
- [09:06] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: It was when Marcus realized we’re living in the best time, especially when it comes to creating financial opportunities for ourselves. The past generation took years to build their businesses
- [10:48] – “If you believe in now, it is yours to have”
- [10:59] – “Your words have power, they create the life that you live”
- [11:54] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “What fires me up is that I am living my purpose… I’m inspired by empowering people”
- [13:43] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I had so many opportunities available to me”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Love is your number one gift and is your strongest characteristic”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I’m very persistent and consistent”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Darren Daily and Upwork
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Money Master the Game “it’s an amazing book”
- 20:11 – Connect with Marcus on his website!
- [20:57] – Leverage the Internet for your business and life
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, Grow and monetize YOUR Podcast!