Natalie Sisson is dedicated to helping entrepreneurs design a freedom business they love that supports their ideal lifestyle through her Freedom Plan, blog, podcast and best-selling Suitcase Entrepreneur book.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
The Suitcase Entrepreneur – Natalie’s book
Suitcase Entrepreneur – Natalie’s website
Free Podcast Course – Learn to create, grow, and monetize your podcast!
3 Value Bombs
1) Get clear on what you want from life.
2) Don’t hesitate to take a break from all your work—a business sabbatical is one thing all entrepreneurs need.
3) The ups and the downs are what will help you grow.
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[00:52] – Natalie has been living around the world for the past six years and has been to 70 different countries while running her business
[01:05] – Six months ago, she came back to her home country, New Zealand, and bought a two-acre property
[03:34] – She has blogged for years and it’s where she puts her best content
[03:47] – In 2013, she made a video asking her audience to support her Kickstarter campaign for her book
[04:26] – Her community rallied around her and she got funding for her first book
[04:58] – JLD was at Natalie’s first book launch!
[05:49] – For the second edition of her book, Natalie worked with an agent to grow her reach in North America
[07:46] – Get clear on what you want in life
[08:33] – The clearer you get, the quicker and more easier it will come to you
[10:40] – A business sabbatical is highly recommended for entrepreneurs who hustle
[12:07] – Natalie’s sabbatical was also a difficult time for her
[12:40] – A sabbatical is a powerful opportunity for self-assessment
[14:35] – What helps Natalie cope in life is the universal cycles of life and change
[15:09] – For the last three years, Natalie has been in a stable state, but she experienced turbulence last year
[16:40] – To experience growth and fulfilment, one must really get into the highs and lows in life
[18:54] – Natalie’s book is for people who are just starting out or who already have a business
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!