Natalie is dedicated to helping entrepreneurs design a freedom business they love that supports their ideal lifestyle through her Freedom Plan, blog, podcast and best-selling Suitcase Entrepreneur book.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- The Suitcase Entrepreneur – Natalie’s book
- Suitcase Entrepreneur – Natalie’s website
- Free Podcast Course – Learn to create, grow, and monetize your podcast!
3 Key Points:
- Get clear on what you want from life.
- Don’t hesitate to take a break from all your work—a business sabbatical is one thing all entrepreneurs need.
- The ups and the downs are what will help you grow.
- Gusto: Making payroll, benefits, and HR easy for small businesses like us! Sign up today and you’ll get 3 months free once you run your first payroll! Visit Gusto.com/fire today!
- Ripl: An app designed especially for small businesses to help you attract new customers – plus engage with existing ones – on social media. Visit Ripl.com/fire to start your free 7-day trial today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:52] – Natalie has been living around the world for the past six years and has been to 70 different countries while running her business
- [01:05] – Six months ago, she came back to her home country, New Zealand, and bought a two-acre property
- 02:15 – Natalie was on episode 27 of Entrepreneurs On Fire
- [03:34] – She has blogged for years and it’s where she puts her best content
- [03:47] – In 2013, she made a video asking her audience to support her Kickstarter campaign for her book
- [04:26] – Her community rallied around her and she got funding for her first book
- [04:58] – JLD was at Natalie’s first book launch!
- [05:49] – For the second edition of her book, Natalie worked with an agent to grow her reach in North America
- 06:22 – A couple of weeks ago, The Suitcase Entrepreneur became available in bookstores across the US
- [07:46] – Get clear on what you want in life
- [08:33] – The clearer you get, the quicker and more easier it will come to you
- [10:40] – A business sabbatical is highly recommended for entrepreneurs who hustle
- [12:07] – Natalie’s sabbatical was also a difficult time for her
- [12:40] – A sabbatical is a powerful opportunity for self-assessment
- [14:35] – What helps Natalie cope in life is the universal cycles of life and change
- [15:09] – For the last three years, Natalie has been in a stable state, but she experienced turbulence last year
- [16:40] – To experience growth and fulfilment, one must really get into the highs and lows in life
- [18:54] – Natalie’s book is for people who are just starting out or who already have a business
- 19:17 – Get Natalie’s book at SuitcaseEntrepreneur.com/Book or at Barnes & Noble
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!