Aaron is the Digital Strategy Director & Founder at VitalsAgency. He is also a Best-Selling Author, a HuffPost Contributor, a UX Designer and a Serial Entrepreneur.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- The Futur – Aaron’s small business resource
- Brand Dominance – Aaron’s Top Business Book
- Aaron’s website
- Connect with Aaron on Twitter
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
- Free Podcast Course – Learn how to create, grow, and monetize YOUR own podcast in 15 days!
3 Key Points:
- Your market will decide where you take your business.
- Be intentional about everything you do and add to your life; especially when it comes to the life you’d like to have as an entrepreneur.
- Be ready to pivot when you need to.
- ZipRecruiter: Find out today why ZipRecruiter has been used by businesses of ALL sizes to find the most qualified job candidates. Post jobs on ZipRecruiter for FREE today by visiting ZipRecruiter.com/fire!
- Host Gator: With Host Gator, having a website is easy AND affordable. Take your website from dream to reality: visit hostgator.com/fire for 60% off today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:50] – Aaron is a father of two awesome children
- [01:21] – He’s now full-time with Vitals Agency
- [02:13] – His area of expertise is in solving big problems for small businesses
- [04:22] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: As a business owner, you’re the judge, but the jury equals your customers. If you’re doing something that does not align you with them, you’re doing it for yourself – which is not sustainable
- [05:29] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Aaron was running an agency that he started in college. He didn’t define the lifestyle that he wanted around the business and ended up creating a monster. He was overworked, sometimes doing 90 hours per week. Their overhead was massive and he ended up hating it
- 07:48 – JLD recommends reading The E-Myth Revisited
- [08:52] – Be intentional about creating your business around your life
- [09:39] – “How you spend your days is how you’re spending your life”
- [10:16] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: As a creative person, Aaron knows that his ideas are valuable to somebody. His big ah-ha moment was when he sold a 5-figure strategy engagement session and was literally paid to think and facilitate a meeting
- [12:22] – There’s not a lot of people who can help companies find their WHY
- [13:10] – Be intentional about something before you do it
- [14:15] – Branding is not something a business owner can control
- [14:42] – Be agile and pivot when needed
- [15:33] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “Phase 3 of our agency, which is global expansion”
- [17:30] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Initially, it was people”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Don’t get good at what you don’t want to be doing”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Mentorship, and accountability to that mentor”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – The Futur
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Brand Dominance – “it’s designed for entrepreneurs – how to create a disruptive social brand”
- 19:50 – Connect with Aaron on Twitter and Vitals Agency
- [20:26] – If you have a small vision of yourself, others won’t be able to see a larger vision of you
- [20:50] – Find someone who’s at the level you want to be at
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2)The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, Grow and monetize YOUR Podcast!