Lachlan and Raph opened a CrossFit gym as 22 year olds. 3 years later they have three gyms, the top fitness podcast in Australia, and a pre-workout dark chocolate company.
Click to tweet: Fire Nation, Lachy and Raph shares their incredible journey on EOFire today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:08] – Raph and Lachy are competitive athletes and fitness freaks
- [01:50] – Their area of expertise is in selling people on health and life transformation
- [02:28] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: Nobody can successfully engage in a health/body transformation without an accountability partner
- [03:21] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Raph managed to get on Shark Tank Australia and pitch his dark chocolate supplement company. At first, everything seemed to be going well, but it ended up being of the worst episode in the history of the program – and Raph got roasted by the sharks
- [05:29] – If Raph could go back in time and change anything about the experience, he would have gone on the show with more humility
- [06:32] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Raph and Lachy started the first crossfit-related podcast in Australia. They became the voice of the Australian fitness community and have consistently held the #1 spot in their category. Even though they had listeners, they weren’t getting the listener engagement that they wanted, so they built a free give-away product akin to JLD’s Freedom Journal
- [09:12] – “Just because it’s been done before, doesn’t mean it can’t be done again – or in a different way”
- [09:35] – Don’t be afraid to change things up after doing the same things for a time
- [10:27] – Do something different
- [10:51] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “We are 100% fired up about helping more than 10,000 people achieve their number 1 training goal in 6 months”
- [12:20] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “The $20K… and being focused on becoming athletes”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Everyone always has the money. You just have to show them that they need to value it”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Training every day”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Handbrake
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Sapiens – “it goes through the last 1,000 years”
- [18:09] – Make sure you know the business you’re getting into
- 18:53 – Listen to their podcast at The Mind Muscle Project
3 Key Points:
- Getting an accountability partner is an important part of achieving your goals.
- Be humble and admit that you don’t know everything.
- Don’t be afraid to do something different.
- Handbrake – Raph and Lachy’s small business resource
- Sapiens – Raph and Lachy’s Top Business Book
- Audible – Get a 30–day free trial of fantastic audiobooks!
- The Mind Muscle Project – Raph and Lachy’s podcast
- Free Podcast Course – A free 15 day course on how to Create, Grow & Monetize YOUR Podcast!
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline, and focus in 100 days!
- Organifi: I’ve been researching plant-based supplements that will help me not just feel my best, but also perform my best, and Organifi’s protein is smooth, filling and the vanilla flavor is yummy! See for yourself: visit Organifi.com and save 20% with promo code FIRE!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2)The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, Grow and monetize YOUR Podcast!