Aaron Walker has founded more than a dozen companies over the past 41 years. He spent a decade meeting weekly with Dave Ramsey, Dan Miller, Ken Abraham, and five other amazing entrepreneurs. He is the Founder of Iron Sharpens Iron Mastermind, the Author of View From The Top, and the Creator of The Mastermind Playbook – an incredible resource for starting, running, and scaling masterminds.
View From the Top – Visit Aaron’s website to learn more about what he has going on!
3 Value Bombs
1) You’ve got to build relationships before you need them.
2) In a mastermind group, other people’s perspective is the number one asset.
3) Invest in the right people who have integrity and great character.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS Isolation is the Enemy of Excellence
[2:03] – If we are going to reach our potential, we MUST have non-biased trusted advisors. Can you expound on this statement?
- If you choose non-biased advisors, they’ve got nothing to gain and nothing to loose – so they can be trusted.
[4:26] – Let’s talk about YOUR board of directors…
- Two decades ago, when masterminds were first picking up steam, he was able to establish a good relationship with one of his advisors.
- Now, there’s not a week that goes by – for the past 21 years – that he hasn’t been involved in masterminds.
- Aaron has two trusted advisors who have radically changed his life – he wants to replicate that for others.
[7:35] – Entrepreneurship can be a very lonely place… Who do you borrow courage from when you’re running low?
- Aaron borrows courage from the people he wants to spend his time with
- Build relationships prior to needing them.
- Aaron shares a good example about Billy.
[15:24] – A lot of people will tell you not to listen to anyone else… to just deafen your ears to all advice, close your eyes, and drive forward. You believe in something called OPP, Other People’s Perspectives. How can OPP be our #1 asset?
- People around him have a great impact in his life.
- In a mastermind group, other people’s perspective are the number one asset.
[17:47] – How can we find our people – our tribe?
- He believes in truth before opinion, and he wants people around him with similar attributes.
- He wants to invest in the right people who have integrity and great character
[20:54] – You run every decision through your core values and your mission statement. Share what these are for you and take us through an example of this…
- The mission statement is helping ordinary people become extraordinary in all that they do.
- This makes every decision aligned with the mission statement
[22:44] – Aaron’s key take away and call to action.
- Isolation is the enemy of excellence. Aaron’s real success came when he let his guard down in front of the right people.
- The very reason Aaron and his team started their mastermind is to share tools to help you accomplish your goals.
- View From the Top – Visit Aaron’s website and learn more about what he has going on!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!