Adam is a best-selling author, CEO, attorney, international speaker, entrepreneur and business leader who inspires, empowers and guides people to achieve massive and lasting personal and professional growth.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Calm App – Adam’s small business resource
The Untethered Soul – Adam’s Top Business Book
Pivot – Adam’s book
The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
Free Podcast Course – A free 15-day course on how to Create, Grow, & Monetize YOUR Podcast!
3 Value Bombs
1) Stop lying to yourself — it doesn’t get you anywhere.
2) Don’t waste your life doing something that you don’t love.
3) Always follow your heart.
Billy Gene Is Marketing: My friend Billy Gene wants to send you something in the mail! It’s small, blackish, and if used properly it might deliver some serious R O I. For the next 100 listeners who go to CopyOurAds.com, Billy Gene is going to mail you his best performing Facebook funnels for FREE. You just cover the shipping!
Clients on Demand: Start finding the right clients at the right price whenever you want! Claim your spot on their free masterclass, where founder Russ Ruffino will pull back the curtain and show you exactly what 7-figure business owners know that others don’t. Visit ClientsOnDemand.com/fire to claim your spot today.
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[00:54] – Adam is a father to 4 healthy kids, and has been happily married to his college sweetheart for 28 years
[01:31] – His area of expertise is in reinventing
[02:22] – “We don’t get anywhere by lying to ourselves”
[02:53] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Reinvention is most important next to public speaking. Learn to utilize change and seek it out
03:55 – Adam’s book, Pivot, is divided into 2 parts: creating clarity and creating momentum
- In the analogy of driving, some people cannot see clearly out of the “windshield”, which is part of the reason why they can’t make changes
- Adam encourages people to undergo a process:
- Letting go
- Facing your fear
- Entering the pivot “phonebooth”
- Envisioning your future
[09:25] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Adam was CEO of one of the largest personal and business transformation companies in North America — he traveled, trained, and taught for that job. Over the course of 2.5 years, he wound down his law practice and was ready to close. For 2 days he had a shred truck outside his office, shredding documents he was not required by law to keep anymore. On the closing day, his office was empty and Adam decided to have one last look around it. As he reached the middle of the office, Adam just fell to the ground, crying. He realized that was 13 years of his life that he could never get back
[13:19] – Learn from others
[14:39] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I’m excited about the fact that I get to spend time with people all over the world”
[15:33] – One ritual Adam shares with people around the world:
- Everybody gets to wake up — you’re given a new life every day
- Find something you’re grateful for
- Repeat these words: I Love My Life
[18:46] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Fear”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “To follow my instincts”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I express gratitude all the time”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Calm App
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Untethered Soul – “it’s a book that will help you to dive into what stops you”
[20:22] – Follow your heart in making decisions
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!