Master Life Strategist Stephen is the CEO/Founder of The Journey Principles Institute, an organization built to help others ignite their passions and live the life they were designed to lead.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
MasterClass.com – Stephen’s small business resource
Man’s Search for Meaning – Stephen’s Top Business Book
Journey Principles Institute – Stephen’s website
EOFire – Check out JLD’s 5 FREE Courses for you!
The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Value Bombs
1) Reinforce your strategy with daily habits.
2) Be intentional in communicating.
3) Never stop learning.
DesignCrowd: If you’re not much of a designer, but are looking for ideas for your next logo, websites design or even your new business cards, then DesignCrowd can help! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire for a special one $100 VIP offer for Fire Nation!
Clients on Demand: Start finding the right clients at the right price whenever you want! Claim your spot on their free masterclass, where founder Russ Ruffino will pull back the curtain and show you exactly what 7-figure business owners know that others don’t. Visit ClientsOnDemand.com/fire to claim your spot today.
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[01:07] – Stephen started his first company in 1998
[01:52] – His expertise is in helping entrepreneurs get more out of themselves and their businesses
[02:29] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Live a transformational lifestyle, not a traditional lifestyle. Define a strategy and reinforce it with daily habits to find success
[03:53] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Stephen had a secretary who had been working with him for a while. He had started a profit-sharing plan at his company because he wanted his people to feel they were self-employed. However, Stephen didn’t want to give them money that they wouldn’t be good stewards of, so he created an online system that his employees needed to complete before they could get their share. His secretary came to him asking if she and her husband could get their share without having to go through the system – because they couldn’t find a babysitter. Stephen said no, and she started crying
[05:34] – You don’t want to lose people you accidentally hurt along the way
[06:10] – Communication is critical
[06:24] – No matter how big your team is, you still have to be intentional with communication
[06:53] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: When Stephen started his first company, he couldn’t fathom the idea that it would become a multi-million dollar business. He realized he should have been building himself while building his business
[08:06] – “Learning never stops”
[09:17] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “It’s seeing that little glimmer of light in an entrepreneur’s eye”
[10:20] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “It was insecurity”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “You have to be willing to do today what others won’t, so you can have tomorrow what others don’t”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Resourceful resilience”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – MasterClass.com
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Man’s Search for Meaning – “the book itself helps you gain an immense amount of perspective on anything you may or may not be going through”
14:15 – Connect with Stephen on Journey Principles Institute
[14:27] – “Make sure you’re willing to do today what others won’t, so you can truly have tomorrow what others don’t”
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!