Accidental Entrepreneur & Reality Checker, Ariana – along with her husband Tom – are owners of 3 different businesses. While running their real estate business, wine & liquor store, and online coaching & training for entrepreneurs, they’ve also raised two energetic youngsters.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Evernote – Ariana’s small business resource
The 5 Love Languages – Ariana’s Top Business Book
TomAndAriana.com – Ariana’s website
Family Entrepreneur Life – Connect with Ariana and Tom
How To Finally Win – Learn how to create your dream life one step at a time!
The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Value Bombs
1) Include your personal goals in your annual goal-setting and achieve more for yourself and your business.
2) Find out how you can connect and align yourself with your business.
3) Have open communication with your spouse or partner – having deep conversations solves problems.
I Love Franchising: If you’re tired of Corporate America and want to step into owning your own business, then the time to make a move is NOW. …And why not make that move into franchising? Erik of I Love Franchising has personally helped over 1,000 people transition out of Corporate American and into Franchise Ownership, and you can take your first step towards doing the same today. Visit ILoveFranchising.com/fire to download Erik’s free eBook, The Franchising Playbook, today!
Clients on Demand: Start finding the right clients at the right price whenever you want! Claim your spot on their free masterclass, where founder Russ Ruffino will pull back the curtain and show you exactly what 7-figure business owners know that others don’t. Visit ClientsOnDemand.com/fire to claim your spot today.
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[01:20] – Ariana and Tom were college sweethearts
[01:32] – Their entrepreneurial journey started when Tom graduated and started a career in real estate
[01:51] – Ariana has a degree in zoology, but went after the lifestyle they wanted when Tom went deeper into entrepreneurship
[02:39] – Her area of expertise is in integrating life and business together
[03:19] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: There is a separation between business and personal goals. Include your personal life in your goal-setting strategy
[04:50] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Ariana got to a point where she was ready to let Tom give it all up. She let Tom lead the way without figuring out how she fit in. It came to a point where she was unhappy, and Tom offered to just close their businesses and go another path
[06:22] – Find a way to make your business connect to you
[06:50] – Ariana forced herself to ask what she really wanted in her life
[08:25] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Tom and Ariana had a lot of conversations about what they were going to do if they were to close their businesses in order to find the path Ariana wanted to take. During one of their difficult conversations, they realized the main problem was that Ariana was misaligned and disconnected to the business. Tom asked her who her ideal clients were; she said people like them. And so they started to help family-focused entrepreneurs build businesses
[10:06] – Have conversations past the discomfort and talk about serious things in your life to have a deeper understanding of it
[11:20] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “It is Lifestyle Builders, which is our new mentorship program”
[12:25] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “The fear, the imposter syndrome”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Stop comparing yourself to everyone else and just be you”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Taking time for myself each week”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Evernote
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The 5 Love Languages – “taking that little quiz and reading some of the insights behind the different love languages has given Tom and I insights into how we process things”
[16:24] – Remember to tell your spouse why you want to be an entrepreneur and what it means for your family
[16:31] – Hear their concerns and be open to the sacrifices they might have to make
[16:45] – Keep communication open
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!