Agie Sihotang is the CEO of Indo Trading, a wholesale company in California. From selling merchandise, coaching entrepreneurs, & providing PPE, Agie uses his network to provide solutions for his customers.
Indo Trading USA – Agie Sihotang’s website. Visit and get the opportunity to join a free consultation with Agie directly!
Agie Sihotang’s Instagram – Connect and follow Agie on Instagram.
3 Value Bombs
1) When the business world shifts gears, people can use it to accelerate their business.
2) Most businesses are a numbers game. The more seed you throw out there, the more trees you expect to grow.
3) Be attentive, bold, and creative.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: When the Business World Shifts Gear, Use It to Accelerate Your Business.
[1:21] – Agie shares something interesting about himself that most people do not know.
- Most people don’t know that he’s not a big fan of sweets.
[2:12] – COVID-19 is cray cray. If your e-commerce business was hurt because of the pandemic, what can you do?
- Shift gears. Adapt to the surroundings.
- It’s a nightmare for most people. Some people were laid off, some people had to close their businesses or scrap products they were selling…
- When the business world shifts gears, people can use it to accelerate their business.
- As an entrepreneur, you want to have a fluid model in your business.
- There are problems in the marketplace that have never been faced before. You just have to look and ask everyone you’re in business with to see what kind of gap you can fill – then use that knowledge to accelerate your business.
- Instead of being an online seller, you need to be an online solver.
[5:42] – Your network is your net worth. How can we properly use our network to provide solutions to our customers?
- Most businesses are a numbers game. The more seed you throw out there, the more trees you expect to grow.
- Be a problem-solver. The more variety you have in your network, the more you can build something smoothly.
[8:00] – What is the ecosystem right now in the retail and wholesale industry?
- Retail products have a shelf life. After a certain amount of time, these products go to liquidation companies. Then, they get sold to discount stores, mall kiosks, online sellers, and e-bay sellers.
- For example, on Amazon, people return products all the time. These products, which are still new because they’ve never been opened, will go back to Amazon if under the FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) program.
- The mentioned cycle is not accurate for all brands. However, most brands will follow that cycle.
- The point is, if you’re selling online or wanting to create a side business, there are so many places you can position yourself in the ecosystem to be successful.
[11:06] – What is a wholesale company? How can somebody start a wholesale company that sells based on consumer demands?
- A wholesale company can be likened to a middleman. They don’t really manufacture the products, but they also don’t sell to the end consumers. They can be distributors or liquidators.
- Pearls don’t lie on the seashore. If you want it, you must dive for it. The pearls of our businesses are there. You’ve just got to find it and work it.
[16:55] – Agie talks about the PPE world and how we can navigate it effectively.
- PPE world is attacked and stormed by brokers who weren’t educated in the space.
- Many have been scammed and even never received their products. Too many people promised PPE and then couldn’t deliver.
[19:54] – What is the best way to provide solutions when we have an opportunity presented before us.
- Put in the work. Sometimes we forget that we need to study before the test, not study during the test.
- Don’t just look at it as a dollar figure. Study it. Put in the hard work.
[21:11] – The ABC – Attentive, Bold, Creative – How can we use it when we’re making a deal?
- Be attentive to everybody around you. Give them your attention. Make them feel that they are the most important person.
- Be bold. Lack of communication creates disappointment.
- Be creative. Find out the real problems and solutions using your knowledge and network.
[23:19] – The importance of surrounding yourself with incredible people who push you.
- The drive, work ethic, and integrity that the people around you show will force you to up your game.
- Surround yourself with people who are more professional and knowledgeable in certain areas, and make sure you learn from them.
[24:31] – Agie’s parting piece of guidance
- Be attentive, bold, and creative.
- Indo Trading USA – Agie Sihotang’s website. Visit and get the opportunity to join a free consultation with Agie directly!
- Agie Sihotang’s Instagram – Connect and follow Agie on Instagram.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!