Greg is the CEO and Co-founder of Thinkific – a software company that makes it easy for you to create, market and sell online courses. Thinkific serves over 50,000 people and businesses, that have taught millions of students, and generated over half a Billion in revenue for Thinkific clients.
5-Day Course Challenge – Sign up and build a blueprint for your first online course in just 5 days!
3 Value Bombs
1) More people are creating more courses, and more people are taking courses.
2) Start your curriculum with the points that you are comfortable writing or talking about.
3) Whatever business you are in, there hasn’t ever been a better time to be diving into an online business.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: A $300B Industry And Growing: Find Your Opportunity In The Online Course Industry With Greg Smith
[2:53] – Greg shares something interesting about himself that most people do not know.
- He watched The Founder and cried over the parking lot scene.
[5:45] – How have recent events affected the online course and membership industry?
- The projections for the year 2025 are happening already. More people are creating more courses, and more people are taking courses.
- Recent events have created an environment wherein it is easier to start an online business
- There has never been a better time to get started.
[7:33] – What are some successful pivots or strategies for brick and mortar businesses?
- You can pivot your in-person business to an online business.
- You can offer online courses that are related to your business and have the opportunity to connect with thousands of people all over the globe.
[9:30] – What does this mean for people creating courses or considering courses?
- In terms of looking at the opportunities, you have to assess the different conditions and do things differently.
- The opportunities that you have now are a lot bigger
- You can start as soon as possible. Build it, launch it, and become successful with it.
- Have a blueprint.
- Join a great software platform like Thinkific.
- Join Thinkific’s 5-day Course Challenge.
[15:45] — What should you do right now to build on the momentum in the online space?
- Build a community or an audience.
- You can do a Facebook Live and get potential customers and generate income.
- Share what you are good at and engage in a conversation with your potential audience.
- As you grow your audience, you can also build your business.
[17:58] – What can you do to get started?
- You can join other communities.
- Join Facebook groups.
- Share best practices among the group.
- Decide what you can share with your audience.
- Take action, connect with people, and learn from your engagements.
[21:02] – JLD talks about the 5-day Course Challenge and what you can expect.
- Day 1: Choosing Your Winning Course Topic.
- JLD is the featured entrepreneur for Day 1!
- Day 2: Serving the Needs of Your Community.
- Day 3: Turn Your Ideas into a Curriculum.
- Day 4: Curating and Creating Your Content.
- Day 5: Perfecting Your Sales Copy.
- 5-Day Course Challenge – Sign up and build a blueprint for your first online course in just 5 days!
[22:52] – Greg talks about Turning Your Ideas into a Curriculum.
- Think of how you can be of value to your audience.
- Identifying the needs of your audience – this will help you with curriculum development.
- Start your curriculum with the points that you are comfortable writing or talking about already.
[28:18] – Greg’s parting piece of guidance.
- Whatever business you are in, there has never ever been a better time to be diving into an online business!
- Join Thinkific’s free 5-day Course Challenge today at Thinkific.com/fire!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!