AJ Picard is a full-time entrepreneur for 3 years now. He has a passion for design and creating products. He loves playing, talking, and watching anything related to technology and basketball.
Sign up for Clava! – Check out the Clava App for FREE and start promoting your brand today!
3 Value Bombs
1) Clava App helps you feel more connected to your surrounding community.
2) Trust in self-intuition. If you notice an opportunity, take action.
3) Be open-minded. Life is constantly changing and you have to adapt to it. It is important to continue to build new skillsets and learn new things.
Thrivetime Show: Looking for a business coach who has helped thousands of entrepreneurs just like you to increase their profitability by an average of 104% per year? Schedule your free consultation today with Clay Clark at ThrivetimeShow.com/fire!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to Pivot and Persevere with AJ Picard
[1:43] – AJ shares something interesting about himself that most people do not know.
- He had a video from a Sixers game and the Bleacher Report used it. The video went viral, and it has about 10 million views.
[3:17] – AJ shares more about his background
- He is from Philadelphia, PA. He is now living in Baltimore, MD.
- He started his entrepreneur journey back in 2017. He went full-time developing a social media app called Clava.
- Clava App helps you feel more connected to your surrounding community.
[4:12] – How did you come up with the idea for Clava?
- AJ thought of Clava while he was sitting in the food court at the King of Prussia Mall just watching the people around him.
- He thought of an app that would connect you to people who are in the same location as you.
[5:33] – AJ talks about using Clava for your business.
- Your business can use the app to create location-based announcements or promotions.
- Clava users can collect all the announcements or promotions for a specific location.
[7:00] – AJ shares some of Clava’s case studies
- Case study for Covid19
- Some users created chatrooms representing local grocery stores near their location.
- Real-time updates of what the groceries had in stock were being posted for other users to see.
- Use of chatrooms to share ideas.
[9:11] – What was the biggest pivot you have made to date?
- The biggest pivot was deciding to create Clava.
- If he had never entertained that pivot, who knows where he would be now.
- Putting in a lot of time each day to honing his craft allowed him to increase his runaway and continue to pursue his dream of getting Clava off the ground.
[10:43] – Why is pivoting so important, and how do you know when the right time is?
- During the Covid19 Pandemic a lot of businesses are pivoting.
- Trust in self-intuition. If you notice an opportunity, take action.
- Pivoting is important because you can branch out and learn new skillsets.
[15:25] – AJ’s advice to entrepreneurs.
- Be open-minded. Life is constantly changing and you have to adapt to it.
- It is important to continue to build skillsets and learn new things.
- Get out of your comfort zone so you can grow as a person, and as you grow it will help you get to where you want to be.
[17:39] – What are the next step for Clava?
- Get users to start creating communities around them inside of Clava
- You can quickly navigate through the announcements page, connect with locals in a specific location, and start meeting new people using the chatrooms in Clava.
[19:18] – What advice would you give Fire Nation if they want to take the first step in the app space?
- You can start by connecting with someone from your network who is technically savvy, and ask that person for help.
[20:31] – AJ’s parting piece of guidance.
- Ask yourself:
- How eager are you to make it as an entrepreneur?
- How enthusiastic are you about getting your product out in the market?
- Know that it will take a lot of effort, but do not give up because you will learn a lot from your journey
- Sign up for Clava! – Check out the Clava App for FREE and start promoting your brand today!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!