Amir is a Best-selling Author and Serial Entrepreneur, and he creates multiple streams of income in business ventures and real estate while being a full time Anesthesiologist.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
Basecamp – Amir’s small business resource
Baluch Bulletin – Amir’s website
The Mastery Journal – Master Productivity, Discipline, and Focus in 100 days!
How to Finally Win – Learn How to Create Your Dream Life one step at a time!
3 Value Bombs
1) Research and do your due diligence before getting into a business you don’t know very much about.
2) You can’t do everything at the same time—niche down.
3) Partner with someone who is currently where you want to be.
School of Rock: A children’s services franchise where you’ll get to pass the torch of musicality to a new generation of musicians AND operate a profitable business at the same time! To learn more visit Franchising.SchoolOfRock.com, contact the School of Rock team, and tell them Entrepreneurs on Fire sent you!
Four Sigmatic: Mushroom Coffee – that doesn’t actually taste like mushrooms – and that has a ton of benefits! It tastes just like regular coffee, and I love that it gives me a strong and steady energy force that lasts the entire day thanks to the active ingredient: Lion’s mane mushroom. Visit FourSigmatic.com/fire and enter promo code FIRE for 15% off your order today!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[00:51] – Amir was born in Brooklyn, but moved to Texas when he was 5 years old
[01:41] – His area of expertise is in managing multiple tasks and investing in real estate
[02:09] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: You can push yourself to multi-task
[03:24] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Amir was 21 and he had just finished college. He found out he was the last person in his class to get into med school. Amir started his first business in electronic payments in the year 2000. He bought a license to do this using his life savings and started knocking on doors. After 9 months, he had to sell the business at a loss.
[05:29] – He was close to filing for bankruptcy
[06:00] – The reason why Amir failed was because he didn’t know what he was getting into, and he felt like he had to do everything
[07:10] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: At 21, Amir got into real estate. He tried to flip houses on his own and even looked for foreclosures. Unfortunately, nothing was really happening for him. In 2008, he partnered with another person who had a great track record in real estate. Every business after that was easy for Amir.
[09:17] – “It’s so critical to find somebody who is currently where you want to be”
[09:57] – Find partners who will get you to the next level
[11:05] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I’ve really fallen in love with marketing automation and software development”
[14:32] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “We think too much like doctors”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “You need to run your own race”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “You have to be good at multi-tasking and delegating”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Basecamp
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – How to Win Friends & Influence People and The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up – “both those put together is a pretty killer combination”
[20:39] – “You can have everything you want in life if you just help others get what they want” – Zig Ziglar
[21:21] – Get a FREE Quick Start Guide from Amir by sending him a message on his website!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!