Victor has over 5 years of experience in social media, and he started trend pie, an influencer marketing company that focuses on getting you a return on influence.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
Spark – Victor’s small business resource
The Art of War – Victor’s Top Business Book
Trend Pie – Victor’s website
EOFire – Check out JLD’s 5 FREE Courses for you!
The Mastery Journal – Master Productivity, Discipline, and Focus in 100 days!
3 Value Bombs
1) Social media success is always random—there is no perfect formula for achieving this.
2) Don’t be afraid to seek help when you need it.
3) Don’t just focus on the short-term goals, be mindful of the long-term goals as well.
ZipRecruiter: Unlike other hiring sites, ZipRecruiter doesn’t depend on the right candidates finding you; it finds them. Post your job on ZipRecruiter for FREE – that’s right, FREE! Just visit ZipRecruiter.com/fire.
LinkedIn Learning: Offers thousands of expert-led courses covering a wide range of business, tech, and creative skills, with dozens of new tutorials added each week! Right now LinkedIn Learning is offering our listeners a free 30-day trial! Just visit LinkedIn.com/fire to sign up and try it free for 30 days!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[01:35] – He started in social media 5 years ago and dove in as much as possible
[02:08] – 196 days later, he hit 1M followers and was signing with two different agencies to get him to do branded content
[02:31] – From a side hustle, social media became a sustainable source of income for Victor
[03:57] – Victor’s viral video was separating a yolk from the white using a water bottle
[04:51] – The influencer lifestyle was not for Victor
[06:21] – Vine is no longer an app now in 2017
[07:01] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Social media is random — there’s no formula to success
[08:29] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: The moment happened when Trend Pie had been running for six months. They were planning a campaign for the weekend and Victor used PayPal to pay all the influencers; however, Victor didn’t use any invoices or memos for the payments he was sending and/or receiving. On Thursday, PayPal froze his account for suspicious activity, shutting down his funds for the campaign. PayPal informed him they they needed copies of Victor’s contracts with all those influencers in order to unlock the account. Victor called his lawyer and every single influencer he had to get the contracts signed. It was mid-day Friday when PayPal finally unlocked his account.
[11:31] – Things will change
[12:01] – Learn to ask people for help that know better than you
[12:50] – JLD’s biggest advice is to have redundancy
[13:25] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: The greatest moment was when Victor created Painite.org—it was like Amazon for influencer marketing (an automated influencer marketing platform). Three months after the launch, they had zero sales. One day, someone emailed asking if Victor could make a “vine” for them. Victor said “no” but he offered Trend Pie’s services. That person asked why would they would get Trend Pie to do that for them? Victor came to the realization that many people didn’t understand what Painite was about.
[15:59] – “Most people tend to overlook the person-to-person value”
[16:57] – “Humanity has to come in”
[17:11] – Victor’s most defining moment was learning that not everything is a short-term game
[19:50] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Uncertainty and a mild amount of risk”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “It’s not how much you make, it’s what you make and how well you make it”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I’m very particular in a lot of the ways I do things”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Spark
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Art of War – “I absolutely love it because a lot of the principles are so fundamentally correct that they can be applied to any aspect of your life”
[21:50] – A lot of people are there to help you on your journey
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!