A busy mom of two, Amy McLaren splits her time leading a community of driven entrepreneurial women called LadyStrength, growing an Airbnb business, and being a hands-on CEO for Village Impact.
Passion to Purpose – Order Passion to Purpose now and get your FREE Passion to Purpose Planner!
Amy’s Instagram – Follow Amy on Instagram!
Village Impact – Our Purpose is our Passion
3 Value Bombs
1) “You don’t have to see the full staircase to take the first step.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
2) Whatever you are doing, you have to keep moving towards the direction that lights you up.
3) Action creates clarity.
Thrivetime Show: Looking for a business coach who has helped thousands of entrepreneurs just like you to increase their profitability by an average of 104% per year? Schedule your free consultation today with Clay Clark at ThrivetimeShow.com/fire!
Kevin Anderson & Associates: Are you finally ready to publish a book the right way? For a limited time, KAA is offering Fire Nation a free 90-min consultation to discuss writing and publishing your book! Visit KAWriting.com/fire to book yours today!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Passion To Purpose with Amy McLaren
[1:48] – Amy shares something that she believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- You don’t have to know how to do everything when it comes to the thing you are working on.
- She didn’t know everything when she started her non-profit, she just jumped in.
- “You don’t have to see the full staircase to take the first step.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
[3:20] – Amy’s new book is called Passion to Purpose – Amy, who did you write this book for?
- First person – Those who have no passion.
- Second person – Those who feel they’ve lost themselves.
- Third person – Those who know what their passion is, but they want to do more in the world.
[5:36] – How do you define passion?
- Something that really lights you up. Something that you really enjoy.
[7:15] – What is something simple that someone can do to unlock their passion?
- Take a piece of paper, draw a straight line down the middle, and go back and take a look at your life. Go back 10, 20, 30 years ago – look for commonalities.
[8:55] – What tips do you have to help someone get out of their comfort zone, eliminate self-doubt, and finally take action on the things they love?
- First thing is doing your timeline – actually put it in your calendar.
- If doing your passion scares you, then do it with a friend and follow where it leads you.
- Get some accountability.
[13:17] – What advice would you have for someone who wants to combine their passion and desire to do more good in the world?
- Every little thing we do can have an impact.
- Business Category – Give back to non-profit. Have your team look for a charity to support. Involve your staff in giving back.
- Personal Category – Give people experiences. Involve your kids in doing good in the world.
[16:47] – How do you transition from an act of kindness to a movement of change?
- Three things – Start. Be Clear. Stay Consistent.
- Whatever you are doing, you have to keep moving towards the direction that lights you up.
- Action creates clarity.
[19:37] – Tell us more about your book Passion to Purpose
- The reason why I wrote this book is to encourage people to do more in this world.
- You do not have to wait to make an impact. Honor what you love to do and use that to change the world.
[21:21] – Amy’s Call to Action
- Passion to Purpose – Order Passion to Purpose now and get your FREE Passion to Purpose Planner!
- Amy’s Instagram – Follow Amy on Instagram!
- Village Impact – Our Purpose is our Passion
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!