Andrew and Pete run an award winning Stand Out Marketing company, believe it or not, called… “Andrew and Pete” and founded the marketing membership site ‘atomic’ for the small but mighty business. Authors of the book The Hippo Campus, they love showing small businesses how they can blow up with creative and remarkable stand out marketing.
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- The Hippo Campus – book authored by Andrew and Pete
- Rule Breakers Conference
- The Purple Cow by Seth Godin, The 4 Hour Workweek by Tim Ferris, and Content Chemistry by Andy Crestodina – Andrew and Pete’s Best Business Books
- Edgar and Google Docs – Andrew and Pete’s Small Business Resource
3 Key Points:
- Fortune favors the bold.
- Take a business vacation.
- Doing something a little bit different with your marketing and brand to get people talking about you.
- eVoice: No need for two phones – just get a second line added to your mobile phone! Use promo code FIRE for a 60-day free trial!
- Allstate: As a veteran, I know how hard it is looking for a career after the military. But what if I told you there was a way to put everything you’d learned from the military to good use in a career where you get to help others? That’s what owning an Allstate agency is all about.
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:53] – John introduces Andrew and Pete
- [01:31] – Andrew and Pete’s personal lives
- [05:43] – Fortune favors the bold
- [06:54] – Ways Andrew and Pete generate revenue
- [07:49] – Small businesses can be so flexible and creative
- [08:38] – Realbreakers.co
- [09:50] – Worst Entrepreneur Moment – We were stuck in a rut
- [11:58] – Take a business vacation
- [12:50] – Entrepreneur AH-HA Moment –Somebody phoned us up and asked when we could meet
- [14:19] – People aren’t ready to buy from you straight away. But if you can do something memorable and keep in touch, then you will stand out in people’s minds
- [15:31] – The Hippo Campus
- [17:34] – Doing something a little bit different with your marketing and brand to get people talking about you
- [18:46] – The value of Realbreakers.co on May 9th for listeners
- [21:41] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? –Being young and not having enough confidence
- What is the best advice you have ever received? – I can do whatever I want to do
- What is a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Constantly up scaling ourselves
- Can you share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation? – Edgar and Google Docs
- If you could recommend a book for our listeners what would it be? – The Purple Cow by Seth Godin, The 4 Hour Workweek by Tim Ferris, and Content Chemistry by Andy Crestodina
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Real Revenue: Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and turn ANY idea into a revenue generating MACHINE!