David is the Founder of Morgan James Publishing. NASDAQ cites him as one of the world’s most prestigious business leaders and is reported to be the future of publishing. He also serves on the Executive Board for Habitat for Humanity and chairman of Guerrilla Marketing International.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Guerilla Marketing – David’s Best Business Book
- Hipchat – David’s Small Business Resource
3 Key Points:
- We’re only successful if our authors are successful
- Surround yourself with people smarter than you
- Stay focused
- Grammarly: Grammarly checks for grammar, spelling, punctuation – it even offers suggestions on sentence structure, style, clarity, and word choice! Download Grammarly today for free!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:50] – John introduces David
- [01:19] – David shares his personal life
- [02:19] – How David generates revenue today
- [04:37] – “For publishing, it’s all about relationships”
- [05:38] – We’re only successful if our authors are successful
- [06:36] – Worst Entrepreneur Moment – We weren’t staffed for the success and we ended up getting contacted by our printer saying we owe them $147,000 –we had no money
- [09:30] – Controlled growth
- [09:55] – There needs to be a balance
- [10:33] – Entrepreneur AH-HA Moment –I wrote a book
- [15:36] – Surround yourselves with people smarter than you
- [16:17] – David’s biggest weakness –Delegation
- [16:56] – David’s biggest strength –Relationships
- [17:41] – One thing that has David most fired up today –Getting ready to be recognized as one of the world’s top publishers
- [20:15] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? –I didn’t know that I could
- What is the best advice you have ever received? – Expand what you’re doing and perfect it as you go along
- What is a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Constantly learning
- Can you share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation? – Hipchat
- If you can recommend a book for our listeners what would it be? – Guerilla Marketing
- Imagine you awoke in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all your experience and knowledge. All you have is $500 and a laptop. What would you do in the next 7 days? I would write a book and get it published!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!