Phil Singleton is a web designer, an SEO expert and co-author of the bestseller SEO for Growth, which is listed as a top marketing book by Forbes, Mashable, Oracle and Small Business Trends.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Millionaire Next Door – Phil’s Top Business Book
SEO for Growth – Phil’s book
The Freedom Journal– Set and Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
EOFire – Check out JLD’s 5 FREE courses for you!
3 Value Bombs
1) Take risks in order to get OUT and be free.
2) Believe that you’re in control.
3) Don’t let anyone bring you down—turn a positive into a negative.
HP: For a limited time only, save 35% on HP’s ZBook 17G 4 mobile workstation, and other select best-selling Business PCs with Intel Core processors. Visit www.hp.com/onfire and enter code ONFIRE at checkout!
Billy Gene Is Marketing: My friend Billy Gene wants to send you something in the mail! It’s small, blackish, and if used properly it might deliver some serious R O I. For the next 100 listeners who go to CopyOurAds.com, Billy Gene is going to mail you his best performing Facebook funnels for FREE. You just cover the shipping!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[00:53] – Phil took an unconventional path in digital marketing
[01:25] – He moved to Asia, came back home for grad school, them returned to Taiwan again
[02:05] – He had a software company with 25 people
[03:18] – He saw an opportunity using Google and affiliates, so he closed the software company and moved back to the US
[03:33] – Phil made a website for an auto detailer in Kansas, which grew to a 7-figure agency—this opened doors for him
[05:10] – Phil’s expertise is in helping people create a digital brochure-style website and convert that into a lead generation site and marketing platform
[05:30]– Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: The most valuable companies nowadays are the ones that provide tech solutions that power the Internet
[06:27] – A website is the pathway for businesses to get right into the action
[07:46] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Phil already had an idea and funding for a side hustle, and so he approached people whom he thought would be great technology partners. Phil pitched to them, but they said “no” to his idea, which hit him hard
[10:08] – Turn your negative into a positive, and don’t let anyone put you down
[11:44] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: It was when Phil decided to build a website for a small business who needed help. It was a one-page “ugly” website. After two months, the website owner called Phil to tell him that the website changed his business and his life
[14:12] – All of the magic happens outside of your comfort zone
[14:47] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I started getting into this podcast guesting”
[16:19] – Blogging is important and it should be made with an SEO mindset
[16:33] – Phil wants to develop their blogging strategy with a series
[19:15] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – It’s thinking of a solution for a problem that doesn’t exist
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Anyone can be a jerk, but it takes effort to be a nice guy”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Waking up early”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – BloggerLocal.com and GetAwesomeContent.com
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Millionaire Next Door is a very influential book
[22:24] – Look at your website with fresh eyes and think of it as a marketing platform
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!