Andrew McDonald is a self-made author, coach, and speaker whose passion is to leave the world better than he found it. He enriches lives through motivational speaking, blogging, coaching, and his self-help book on gearing your thoughts, words, and actions towards your vision of success in life.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- SlickRun – Andrew’s small business resource
- The Miracle Morning – Andrew’s Top Business Book
- Possess Your Success – Andrew’s book
- Possess Your Success – Andrew’s website
- Connect with Andrew via email, Facebook, Twitter, Periscope, Instagram and LinkedIn
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Do NOT be afraid to fail or let that fear stop you—decide to learn from it.
- Build a strong foundation first, before deciding to scale up.
- You can and will achieve your goals if you focus on them purposefully.
- Athletic Greens: The most complete whole food supplement on the market. If you check out AG, you’ll receive 20 single serve travel packs valued at $99 completely free with your first order. Just visit athleticgreens.com/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:56] – Andrew is a motivational speaker, author, coach and blogger
- [01:06] – When he was a kid, he already knew that he wanted to be successful in life
- [01:23] – In 2011, he started a blog
- [01:35] – In 2014, he decided to take it to the next level, so he founded Possess Your Success
- [01:53] – He wrote a book named after his business, Possess Your Success
- [02:39] – Andrew’s area of expertise is in goal-setting, motivation, and productivity
- [03:08] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: Most people don’t risk failure to achieve success. Instead, most people risks success to achieve mediocrity.
- [03:36] – One example is adapting the self-limiting mindset
- [04:01] – Andrew shares a story about a client who wanted to do a crowdfunding campaign
- [05:18] – “Don’t build your castles on sand”
- [05:47] – What was your goal for The Freedom Journal and how did you crush it? “In 2015, I had a 100 day goal to deliver a thousand copies of my book and two $500 scholarships”
- [06:18] – Andrew realized he didn’t have the support to reach the success he wanted
- [06:33] – He was only able to raise 10% of his goal
- [06:51] – He did a second Freedom Journal
- [07:08] – In September, he set his goal for 5 speaking engagements
- [07:14] – With 100% focus and The Freedom Journal, he booked 5 speaking engagements in 50 days
- [08:08] – How do you define Productivity? “I define productivity as the ability to maximize your results within a given time frame”
- [08:36] – Andrew struggles when he feels overwhelmed
- [09:01] – How do you define Discipline? “I believe it is the unwavering ability to control your thoughts, your words, and your actions”
- [09:34] – Andrew’s struggle with discipline is when he doesn’t see results
- [10:39] – How do you define Focus? “I also adapt the Follow One Course Until Success… you have to have that one singular focus – that one thing that you want to do and that determines your course”
- [11:16] – Andrew shares how he lost focus just recently
- [12:38] – The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
- [13:26] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “It was the fear of the unknown”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “You have to start with the end in mind”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Continually provide value”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – SlickRun
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Miracle Morning – “It has changed my life”
- [16:00] – No matter what, Set The Right Goals
- [16:17] – Connect with Andrew via email, Facebook, Twitter, Periscope, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- [16:54] – Andrew is offering a FREE foolproof guide to achieve your goals at Possess Your Success
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!