Daymond John is CEO and founder of FUBU and is rockin his 8th season on ABC s Shark Tank. He s A New York Times Best Selling author for his 2016 book, The Power of Broke, and This month, (February 2017) Daymond is set to launch Blueprint and Co., a creative executive co-working space with a mission to educate and empower by building a community of like-minded entrepreneurs that can benefit from Daymond s resources and track record of success.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Blueprint and Co. – Daymond’s small business resource (Sorry! This link was active when this episode was first published in 2017. This resource is no longer available.)
- The Power of Broke – Daymond’s Top Business Book
- Connect with Daymond on his website
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Surround yourself with the people who you want to be and can grow with
- Attract the talent that want to move forward
- If you don’t learn, people are going to hold you hostage for that
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [1:20] – Daymon likes bees and just became a dad for the third time
- [1:29] – He took an 18-year break and now have an 11-month old running around the house
- [1:41] – He just finished his ambassadorship with President Obama and the White House
- [1:41] – The Shark Tank investments and companies allowed him to share an intern
- [2:31] – John wrote an email to bring a train of thoughts to his audience where he mentioned when he almost quit his podcast which was about 5 years ago.
- [2:45] – John just went back from DotCom Expo that Daymond has spoken with Ryan Lee
- [4:09] – Today, John talked about why people fail
- [4:30] – How did Daymond identified the core cons pace was going to be the space where he wanted to invest in. “When we look at where we are today, there are so many things that changed so fast.”
- [4:50] – Where does the person like Daymond John go to learn? “I didn’t see any place where people out there can share best practices that existed right now”
- [5:48] – What kind of it is buried that you need to overcome to become a part of Blueprint & Co is going to be? “There’s a betting process on what you can add to the community as well.”
- [6:48] – “You are doing more than just investing in this”
- [6:58] – Daymond shares what his envision of the role that he is going to play in this.
- [9:05] – What attracted you on this project on the creative side? “It is being next to creative”
- [10:15] – The creative aspects of people who know they need to change is what’s attractive to Daymond
- [10:43] – What attracted you to this business from the business perspective? “At the end of the day, we are all selling each other TIME”
- [11:25] – The only thing that we cannot get back is time.
- [12:05] – Next week, Daymond with be doing a one-on-one with Gary Vaynerchuk and the following day he will be doing a one-on-one with the Shark’s
- [12:19] – My crowd want to know how are you moving forward with what’s going on, how you much of your money is spent in technology and how you acquired a new talent.
- [12:48] – John talked about Gary Vee’s experience in Uber.
- [13:54] – Daymond expound the meaning behind FUBU and Blueprint & Co.
- [14:57] – What specifically have you learned from Shark Tank that you’ve applied into creating Blueprint & Co.? “I needed to create Blueprint and Co. Here’s the best three things that I have learned from Shark Tank”
- There are ways to know to monetize and scale your business without creating inventory
- If you are not giving back to the consumer or somebody there’s likely no one to support you
- The power of Social Media
- [17:15] – Daymond shares for who, how, when you should use Blueprint and Co..
- [20:16] – The Lightning Round
- What is the best advice you can give? – “Life is changing and people just need to get up and learn”
- Parting piece of guidance – “At the end of the day, we can blame everybody else”
- [23:08] – Follow Daymond on Twitter and Blueprint and Co. (Sorry! This link was active when this episode was first published in 2017. This resource is no longer available.)
- [23:26] – Daymond loves to connect with website developer or a great distribution.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!