Andy is a former professional baseball player turned actor and model. He used a life-changing accident to create a product that counteracts the scarring he sustained and launch an all-natural skincare line, Alitura Naturals.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- @AndyHnilo – Andy’s Twitter Handle
- Facebook – Andy’s Small Business Resource
- The Bulletproof Diet – Andy’s Best Business Book
- Dave Asprey – Entrepreneur, best-selling author, and creator of Bulletproof
- Alitura Naturals – Andy’s skincare company. Get 15% discount use promo code ‘fire15‘
3 Key Points:
- Find entrepreneurial ideas in your obstacles and tragedies.
- An absence of experience isn’t a good excuse to not do something.
- Be cognizant of what you’re putting in and on your body—radiation, chemicals, toxins, pollutants… our modern world is FULL of them.
- ZipRecruiter: If you’re ready to start hiring, then ZipRecruiter is where you can find your perfect candidate! Try ZipRecruiter for free today at ziprecruiter.com/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:51] – John introduces Andy to the show
- [01:20] – Andy shares a horrific story of his accident
- [02:20] – We heal best from all-natural ingredients
- [03:13] – Necessity is the mother of invention
- [03:40] – Look at the obstacles and challenges in your life for entrepreneurial ideas
- [04:27] – How Andy generates revenue
- [08:09] – The full-body scanners at the airport are NOT good for you
- [10:07] – Worst Entrepreneur Moment
- [10:21] – Andy had zero concept of shipping, packaging, etc.
- 12:05 – Becoming a partner with Dave Asprey
- [12:57] – When you get into survivor mode—you do more than survive, you thrive!
- [14:24] – You have to run with and absorb the pace adrenalin creates
- [15:14] – Challenge yourself and come out on top
- [15:43] – Entrepreneur AH-HA Moment
- [18:44] – Delegating responsibility is Andy’s biggest weakness
- [20:10] – Finding unique ingredients and having meticulous attention to detail are Andy’s biggest strengths
- [21:09] – Customer Service is of the utmost importance to Andy
- [21:40] – KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE—for Andy, it was premium
- [22:14] – The problem with a race to the bottom is… you might win
- [22:34] – The thing Andy is MOST fired-up about today?—the marketplace where he bought all his original ingredients to experiment with just filed its first purchase order for Alitura Naturals!
- [24:06] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur?—Being OK with having zero qualifications
- What is the best advice you have ever received?—Take inventory of your background and find personal victories for motivation
- What is a personal habit that contributes to your success?—Work ethic
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation — Facebook
- One book to have on your bookshelf? — The Bulletproof Diet
- Imagine you awoke in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all your experience and knowledge. What’s the 1st thing you would do?—Get an internet connection, start looking at trends, find the LinkedIn of this new world, and start forming connections
- 27:52 – @AndyHnilo
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Real Revenue: Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and turn ANY idea into a revenue generating MACHINE!