Kate is a life coach, author and speaker who teaches people how to have the courage in life and business. She’s the author of the Courageous Living Program and the Coaching Blueprint, and the creator of the Courageous Living Coach Certification.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Voxer– Kate’s Small Business Resource
- Your Courageous Life– Kate’s company
- Value Proposition Design – Kate’s Best Business Book
3 Key Points:
- Entrepreneurship is the ULTIMATE playground for personal development.
- What kind of employer do you want to be for yourself?
- You can never be too cool to care about something.
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:40] – John introduces Kate to the show
- [01:06] – Kate sheds some light on who she is
- [01:43] – Practice courage on a daily basis
- [02:54] – You are never going be without fear
- [03:21] – How Kate generates revenue
- [05:50] – Worst Entrepreneur Moment
- [07:31] – Never be afraid to speak your mind
- [08:37] – Stop crying, dry your eyes, and keep moving forward
- [10:20] – You’re never too cool to care
- [11:04] – Give your client’s the best service you can
- [11:23] – Entrepreneurship is the ultimate playground for personal development
- [12:18] – When you get knocked down, those challenges are your opportunities
- [12:54] – Entrepreneur AH-HA Moment
- [16:55] – You can be a boss, or your work can boss you
- [14:43] – What kind of boss do you want to be for yourself?
- [16:22] – If it’s not fun, why are you doing it?
- [17:35] – Never forget—this is YOUR life
- [18:30] – BIGGEST weakness?—Overworking
- [18:36] – BIGGEST strength?—courage
- [18:47] – Fired up about learning more about teaching
- [19:49] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur?—Nothing
- What is the best advice you have ever received?—If it doesn’t feel good, then don’t do it
- What is a personal habit that contributes to your success?—Put pleasure and creativity first—not email
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation—Voxer
- One book to have on your bookshelf?—Value Proposition Design
- Imagine you awoke in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all your experience and knowledge. What’s the 1st thing you would do?—Chill-out, be grateful, and talk to people in the community to discover what they want to learn.
- [23:38] – Believe in the power of 5 minutes
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!