Anna is a comedian and voice over actor, voicing hundreds of TV shows, promos, cartoons, video games and commercials for Fortune 100 companies. She’s also the co-host of America’s Angriest Trainer podcast with Vinnie Tortorich and cookbook author of EAT HAPPY: Gluten Free, Grain Free, Low Carb Recipes For A Joyful Life.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Music for Makers – Anna’s recommended resource
- The War of Art and Your Best Year Yet – Anna’s top books
- Connect with Anna on her blog, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Free Podcast Course – A free 15 day course on how to Create, Grow, & Monetize YOUR Podcast
3 Key Points:
- When you’re cutting out sugars and grains, there’s going to be an adjustment phase.
- Action is the key to success, not the idea.
- Figure out your best “genius-time” and build your schedule around that.
- Franchise Help: You can own your own business without having to go it alone. Visit FranchiseHelp.com/fire to take a franchise quiz and find your next business!
- Braintree: Looking for an easier way to accept payments from your customers? Braintree lets you accept all forms of payment in over one hundred and thirty currencies!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:22] – Anna’s personal life
- 01:40 – Anna received a call from Vinnie Tortorich during some down time
- 02:21 – Fitness Confidential made Anna produce a podcast for free
- [03:09] – Entrepreneurs go through seasons of life
- [04:20] – Value Bomb Drop: When you’re cutting out sugars and grains, there’s going to be an adjustment phase—make it easier by eating more fat
- [08:32] – What is something you’ve changed your mind about in the last 6 months? – Two things: I believed that I don’t belong in the publishing sector and you can’t go vegan and feel full
- [10:29] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: First, I realized I formatted all my recipes incorrectly—the second, was trying to find a cheap printer who could also print with quality… it doesn’t exist
- [12:35] – Always remember there are two approaches to everything you do in life
- [13:18] – Entrepreneurial AH–HA Moment: I could build a business by blending comedy, food, and authenticity
- 15:27 – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? Telemachus Press – they’ve stayed by my side through the ups and downs
- [16:28] – Once you’ve taken the time to list and itemize all those brilliant ideas you have stored up in your head, you need to start taking action immediately—no excuses
- 17:16 – Anna’s cookbook on Amazon
- [20:27] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Belief in myself that I could do it”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “To look at negative beliefs when you’re having them and find a way to make them serve you”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Learn how to schedule around your genius”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Music for Makers
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The War of Art and Your Best Year Yet
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all the experiences and knowledge you currently have – your food and shelter is taken cared of – but all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? – “I would get an AT2020 usb mic, an iPhone, and I would go to the grocery, take pictures and do voice over and start a food blog all over again”
- [23:02] – Parting piece of guidance: “If something just keeps popping up in your head, write it out”
- 23:30 – Connect with Anna on her blog, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: A 15-day course that will share how to create, grow, and monetize YOUR Podcast!
4) Free Podcast Course: Create, Grow and monetize YOUR Podcast!