Joe Sanok is a consultant for private practice owners. His podcast, The Practice of the Practice Podcast, gives innovative ideas to start, grow, and scale a practice.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
MarcoPolo – Joe’s small business resource
Play Bigger – Joe’s Top Business Book
Practice of the Practice – Joe’s website
The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline, and focus in 100 days!
How To Finally Win – Learn how to create your dream life one step at a time!
3 Value Bombs
1) Delegate the small things and take on that CEO mindset to scale your business.
2) Don’t be afraid to take a risk in building a business.
3) Start layering productivity to accomplish more things.
Clients on Demand: Start finding the right clients at the right price whenever you want! Claim your spot on their free masterclass, where founder Russ Ruffino will pull back the curtain and show you exactly what 7-figure business owners know that others don’t. Visit ClientsOnDemand.com/fire to claim your spot today.
Pitney Bowes: The leader in mailing and shipping solutions. No matter what you send, or how often you send it, Pitney Bowes has a solution to fits your needs. Visit PB.com/fire to learn more and try it FREE! Terms apply, see site for details.
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[00:56] – Joe has a very traditional background in counselling with a master’s degree in counsel psychology and community counselling
[01:12] – He found out that he’s passionate about private practice so he built his own practice on the side
[01:31] – He started blogging and following entrepreneurs and influencers to learn about marketing and other things private practice owners should know about business
[02:30] – His area of expertise is in helping private practice owners start, grow and scale their practices
[03:15] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: You don’t have to wear all the hats in your business — don’t be afraid to be in the CEO mindset and have people in place for you
[04:36] – Look for something simple that you can outsource in your business
[06:12] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Joe has just started Practice of the Practice and has gotten some traction. In 2012 he was ready to launch just as his mom was wrapping up her cancer treatment. A few months later, Joe’s daughter had open heart surgery. They thought they were done with health issues until 2 weeks later – Joe himself was diagnosed with cancer. He had run the numbers to be able to leave his job, but he hadn’t done it yet just for security. His plans suddenly went 2 years behind where they could have been.
[08:49] – The experimental mindset is the biggest thing for scaling up
[09:26] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Joe and his wife were in the Detroit airport. They were joking about hosting an adult conference with fun and exciting activities to encourage practice owners to slow down. Right when the plane landed, Joe purchased the domain, Slow Down School
[10:51] – When you segment your list, magical things happen
[11:40] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “This year, what we’re launching is a complete supportive community”
[13:06] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Both of my parents worked for the school system”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “When you say “no” to one thing, you say “yes” to all sorts of things as well”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Every Friday, I turn off my phone and email around lunch time, and I don’t turn it back on until Sunday or Monday”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – MarcoPolo
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Play Bigger – “it’s all about how the top companies have a mindset of category design”
[14:51] – Go find your ideal client
[15:11] – “Seek to layer your productivity”
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!