A former rock and roll drummer, Belinda has been creating successful sales teams for over 25 years. She’s an experienced entrepreneur, consultant, trainer, motivational speaker, and author who literally wrote the book on direct sales! A mother of three entrepreneurs, she’s currently working on her new podcast and her second book.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Direct Selling for Dummies – One of Belinda’s most popular books
- Work From Your Happy Place – Belinda’s New Podcast
- What Got Ya Here, Won’t Get Ya There – Belinda’s Best Business Book
- Canva – Belinda’s Small Business Resource
- Step Into Success – Belinda’s website and company
3 Key Points:
- Find multiple income streams to hedge your bets.
- There’s a reason you have instincts and intuition—your gut may not always be right, but it usually is.
- Do not obsess about perfection because it leads to procrastination—take action now, even if it’s a risk.
- SquareSpace: When you decide to sign up for SquareSpace, make sure to use the promo code FIRE to get 10% off your first purchase!
- ZipRecruiter: If you’re ready to start hiring, then ZipRecruiter is where you can find your perfect candidate! Try ZipRecruiter for free today at ziprecruiter.com/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:49] – John introduces Belinda to the show
- [01:00] – Belinda shares her background and story
- [02:50] – How Belinda generates revenue today?—speaking, direct sales training, and products
- [04:05] – You need multiple streams of income because at any given time, a stream can dry-up
- [04:40] – Know that books aren’t big revenue earners—they’re a conversation started for BIGGER things
- [05:41] – Worst Entrepreneur Moment— ignoring a potentially MASSIVE opportunity
- [06:30] – You’re only as good as the gig you did yesterday
- [07:10] – Don’t dismiss the gut-check moments—your instincts are usually right
- [08:35] – Don’t yell at people—even if you’re in the right… you’ll do more harm than good (control your emotions)
- [09:14] – When you fail, move on
- [09:46] – If it’s not a “Hell-Yes” it has to be a “NO”
- [10:38] – Always be humble, no matter where you are—and never do anything just for money
- [11:20] – Entrepreneur AH-HA Moment
- [14:46] – Take. A. Risk.
- [15:19] – Find mentors that are where you want to be
- [16:10] – Fortune favors the BOLD
- [16:30] – Belinda’s biggest weakness as an entrepreneur?—Perfection, because it leads to procrastination
- [18:10] – If you’re not embarrassed by your first product, you waited too long
- [18:16] – Biggest strength?—The ability to set goals and follow-through
- [19:00] – Create a schedule, create a system
- [20:03] – Follow One Course Until Success (F.O.C.U.S.)
- [20:16] – Belinda is fired-up about her new membership program and her new podcast, Work From Your Happy Place
- [21:30] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur?—Nothing
- What is the best advice you have ever received?—Surround yourself with better, smarter people—and give credit where it’s due
- What is a personal habit that contributes to your success?—Focus
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation — Canva
- One book to have on your bookshelf? — What Got Ya Here, Won’t Get Ya There
- Imagine you awoke in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all your experience and knowledge. What’s the 1st thing you would do?—Create content and start pushing that content to build an audience
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!