Paul Marks is an Entrepreneur, The Founder and Managing Director of Change Works, as well as a leading executive/life coach in Asia. Excited by life challenges, he realizes the need to step out of your comfort zone in order to become the person you need to become.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Profit first – Book recommended by JLD
- Business Model Canvas – Paul’s Small Business Resource
- changeworksltd.com – Paul’s company
- Triggers – Paul’s Best Business Book
3 Key Points:
- Never surrender your passion.
- Limiting beliefs never go away—the more you push your boundaries, the more they’ll appear.
- Planning is absolutely essential to success.
- eVoice: No need for two phones – just get a second line added to your mobile phone! Use promo code FIRE for a 60-day free trial!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:37] – John introduces Paul to the show
- [01:04] – Paul shares his story
- [02:07] – How Paul generates revenue
- [02:45] – Worst Entrepreneur Moment
- [04:36] – Understanding the “business side of business” is something a lot of entrepreneurs miss—you HAVE TO KNOW (not love) the NUMBERS
- [05:40] – Keep your eyes on the bottom line
- [05:49] – Profit first
- [07:28] – Entrepreneur AH-HA Moment
- [07:50] – You’re no good to anyone if you go out of business
- [08:20] – Winning his 1st multi-national company as a client
- [08:55] – Once it happens ONCE, the limiting beliefs start to disappear
- [10:01] – Limiting beliefs NEVER go away
- [10:34] – Listen to other people, but don’t listen to them too much
- [11:20] – Paul’s BIGGEST weakness?—now he jumps into things too quickly
- [11:55] – Planning is essential to success
- [12:29] – Don’t let momentum turn into over-confidence—be humble, be happy
- [13:06] – BIGGEST STRENGTH?—passion
- [14:01] – The possibilities that are right around the corner are what fire Paul up the most
- [14:53] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur?—Not enough belief in my own talent
- What is the best advice you have ever received?—Find your strengths—they lead you to your passion and drive you forward
- What is a personal habit that contributes to your success?—Take 100% responsibility for your actions and rewards
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation—Business Model Canvas
- One book to have on your bookshelf?—Triggers
- Imagine you awoke in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all your experience and knowledge. What’s the 1st thing you would do?—Find your passions and don’t surrender them
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!