Michelle Weinstein is the owner and CEO of FITzee Foods. She graduated from the University of Arizona in December of 2000 with a degree in Finance.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Fitzee Foods – GIFT for Fire Nation! Enter Promo code FIRE for $25 off your Domestic USA order! YUM YUM YUM!
- Trello – Michelle’s Small Business Resource
- Michelle Weinstein – Michelle’s website
- Just Another Innocent Life – Michelle’s Best Business Book
3 Key Points:
- Get comfortable being professionally annoying.
- If you quit before you hear “NO” at least 5 times, you’re not trying hard enough.
- If you’re not exercising or getting a quality night’s sleep, you’re starting each day shooting yourself in the foot.
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:36] – John introduces Michelle to the show
- [00:58] – A glimpse into Michelle’s life
- [01:13] – Fitzee Foods
- [01:42] – Michelle’s aim is to be in bed by [10:30] every night and get 8 hours of sleep
- [03:02] – Worst Entrepreneur Moment
- [03:25] – Shark Tank Season 4
- [06:02] – Be who you are and be relentless
- [06:40] – You’re not bothering people if you’re offering them value, if you’re looking out for them
- [07:42] – There are 7 billion people on the planet, and you are the only YOU
- [08:23] – Entrepreneur AH-HA Moment – starting Fitzee
- [09:00] – Passion does not equal action
- [12:01] – Be professionally annoying
- [12:58] –If you want something, then go after it—at least 5 No’s
- [14:01] – Michelle’s weakness is this—her expectations, her standards are never met
- [15:01] – Never do the bare minimum
- [16:17] – If you want to take home the profit and not just a paycheck—you have to put in HOURS—way more than your peers
- [20:25] – Michelle is fired up about getting in the BEST shape of her life and bringing on a CEO
- [19:45] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur?—Nothing, I just dove in!
- What is the best advice you have ever received?—You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with
- What is a personal habit that contributes to your success?—Exercise and sleep
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation—Trello
- One book to have on your bookshelf?—Just Another Innocent Life
- Imagine you awoke in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all your experience and knowledge. What’s the 1st thing you would do?—work on a non-profit project
- [23:52] – Michelle Weinstein
- [24:11] – Use the code “Fire” to get $25 off at checkout—US Customers ONLY
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!