Benjamin is founder of Client Enrollment Academy where he shows coaches, trainers and service-based businesses how to attract high quality clients into their businesses using story and Facebook.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Pomodoro – Benjamin’s small business resource
- Daring Greatly – Benjamin’s Top Business Book
- The I’mpossible Project – Benjamin’s book
- Client Enrollment Academy – Benjamin’s course
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
- How To Finally Win – Learn how to create your dream life one step at a time!
3 Key Points:
- Your story matters—begin your business with YOUR story.
- Be willing to fail and expect it; building a business is not an overnight success.
- Consistency is key.
- BlueHost: If you’re looking for a website host that’s top-rated, that powers over two million websites, and that gives you the best tools to build, host and manage your business’s website, then look no further than BlueHost! Right now BlueHost is offering Fire Nation 50% off when you sign up at BlueHost.com/fire!
- ZipRecruiter: Unlike other hiring sites, ZipRecruiter doesn’t depend on the right candidates finding you; it finds them. Post your job on ZipRecruiter for FREE – that’s right, FREE! Just visit ZipRecruiter.com/fire
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:54] – Benjamin helps businesses use story to build a following for their business
- [01:16] – He is a solopreneur
- [01:44] – Getting high-paying clients and building the right people into a community are Benjamin’s areas of expertise
- [02:17] – “Your need to be your business”
- [02:34] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: You don’t need to be doing ads. Facebook has ways to target your audience with free tools like video, messaging, and groups
- [04:05] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Benjamin moved from New York City to Wisconsin to build his business in the basement of his parent’s house. Six months into the business, his parents sat him down and told him his business was NOT working. His parents kicked him out of the house and told him he needed to find a job
- [05:01] – “You have to be willing to fail”
- [05:44] – There is a difference between marketing and sales
- [06:08] – Go out there, find people you can serve, and offer what you can
- [06:41] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: When Benjamin started his business, he tried to do everything. He realized he needed to stick to one thing
- [07:33] – Find one mechanism and hit it hard
- [08:23] – “You’re not going to succeed the first time”
- [09:04] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “Right now, opportunities are coming up big for me”
- [12:16] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Expectations”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “If you want to become that person, you have to be it before you ever get it back”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Consistency”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Pomodoro
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Daring Greatly – “it’s just about standing in an arena, fighting for what you want, and ignoring all the spectators”
- 15:32 – The i’Mpossible Project is Benjamin’s book that talks about 50 personal stories of overcoming anxiety and addiction
- 16:16 – Connect with Benjamin on his website
- 16:29 – Fire Nation, get a 15-min Call with Benjamin at ClientEnrollmentAcademy.com/Fire!
- [16:57] – “Whatever is inside of you, go for it!”
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Real Revenue: Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and turn ANY idea into a revenue generating MACHINE!