Featured on FOX, CBS, ABC & NBC, Betsy is a nationally recognized leadership speaker, best-selling author and organizational development expert. She has trained leaders of multi-billion dollar corporations such as BMW, Toshiba & the US Dept. of Defense, on how to measure and build a leader’s credibility, respect & effectiveness within any organization.
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- YouCanBookMe – Betsy’s small business resource
- Influence –Betsy’s Top Business Book
- Betsy’s website
- The Mastery Journal – Master Productivity, Discipline and Focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Matching your pacing with others’ will help avoid miscommunication.
- Don’t be an interruptor—listen to what others are saying before you jump into the conversation.
- Leadership is a responsibility, not just a position.
- Billy Gene Marketing: Visit CopyOurAds.com and if you’re the first 100 to sign up, Billy Gene will mail you his best performing Facebook ad campaigns for FREE. You just cover the shipping!
- Klaviyo: If you’re an eCommerce marketer looking to make more money through super-targeted, highly relevant email and advertising campaigns, then sign up for free today at Klaviyo.com!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:07] – Betsy has been married to a serial entrepreneur for 4 years now
- [01:15] – Their new puppy, Bella, is now the love of their lives
- [01:21] – Betsy is an adventure junkie
- [01:45] – She travelled the world for 12 years as a professional singer
- [02:12] – Betsy does all kinds of shows
- [02:51] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: Betsy’s specialty is in helping people develop the ability to read someone else’s communication style. Her value bomb is that there are 4 unspoken communication styles
- [03:50] – 50% of the population are slow-paced people
- [03:53] – Fast-paced people should learn to slow down from time to time so they don’t lose connection to other people
- [04:20] – Betsy shares more about her business coach who was a slow-paced person
- [04:55] – “Learn to match a person’s pacing style”
- [05:18] – JLD reminds us that having cadence is important
- [05:53] – Information needs is one of the 4 unspoken styles
- [06:02] – 50% of the population needs general information and the other half want specific information
- [06:36] – Betsy shares an example
- [07:11] – Entrepreneurs often make the mistake of not understanding/knowing their customers
- [07:40] – JLD’s pet peeve is interrupting
- [08:26] – “If you’re an interruptor, you’re definitely damaging business relationships”
- [08:55] – Be a person of value if you want to connect with other people
- [09:07] – What was your goal for The Freedom Journal and how did you crush it? “I had a couple of goals… one was to make 6 to 10 new videos, and the other is to land 3 speaking engagements at the start of 2017”
- [10:23] – Betsy has just landed her first TEDTalk!
- [10:49] – Betsy’s 3rd goal was to interview people for her upcoming book, and the result of her interviews led to her creating her own leadership podcast
- [11:34] – “Start moving into action and create opportunities where they don’t even exists”
- [12:12] – How do you define Productivity? “The fastest way to success is to get a TAN – Take Action Now”
- [13:09] – “Procrastination is like cancer—it kills any chance of success that you have”
- [14:03] – How do you define Discipline? “I like to call it accountability… It’s a choice”
- [14:29] – Betsy has found that the best way to hold yourself accountable is by having a routine
- [14:50] – She has a weekly success schedule
- [15:03] – Her schedule is color-coded
- [15:41] – “Win tomorrow, today”
- [16:25] – How do you define Focus? “If you don’t own your agenda, someone else will… Focus is knowing who you are and how you’re wired”
- [17:10] – Betsy uses disk personality assessments
- [17:45] – Betsy mentions SOS (Shiny Object Syndrome)
- [18:43] – “Think progress, not perfection”
- 19:56 – The Mastery Journal – Master Productivity, Discipline and Focus in 100 days!
- [20:23] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I actually made myself valuable as a manager for high level corporations… so I was making great money and I just held on to that”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Be a 100-percenter”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I never stop developing myself personally and professionally”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – YouCanBookMe
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Influence – “He (Robert Cialdini) breaks down how the mind works”
- [23:13] – Betsy’s upcoming book is called 3 Q Leadership, and it’s going to launch in late 2017
- [23:35] – Leadership is not a position – it’s a responsibility
- 23:50 – Get Betsy’s FREE Gift: The Win with People Formula at BetsyAllenManning.com/fire
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, Grow and monetize YOUR Podcast!