Meghan is referred to as “knowing everyone” in the medical device industry. She’s a patriotic military wife, has founded 4 successful companies, and spurs others to innovate medical technology in her company, Imua Services. When she isn’t helping others, she’s listening to EOFire and Kate’s Take!
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- LinkedIn – Meghan’s LinkedIn
- FREE Gift for Fire Nation
- The Mastery Journal – Master Productivity, Discipline and Focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Don’t let rough circumstances in your life predict your future.
- Some people are at a worse place than you are – you don’t have any reason not to move forward.
- Writing down your tasks in lists will help you stay focused.
- Athletic Greens: The most complete whole food supplement on the market. If you check out AG, you’ll receive 20 single serve travel packs valued at $99 completely free with your first order. Just visit athleticgreens.com/fire!
- Host Gator: With HostGator, having a website is easy AND affordable. Visit HostGator.com/fire for 60% off today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:57] – Meghan was on Episode 1472 of EOFire
- [01:02] – Meghan is a competitive gymnast and salsa dancer
- [01:21] – She has a prosthetic left eye, had back problems, and has had a hip surgery
- [01:28] – She also had Hepatitis C and has undergone several chemotherapy treatments
- [01:41] – This is what drives Meghan to explore medical innovation
- [01:48] – “My life was saved because of a lot of these innovations”
- [03:00] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: Meghan helps people innovate medical technology from concept to completion. She also encourages doing research to position your product in the market place.
- [04:18] – Take the time to go out and ask people what they need
- [04:27] – JLD mentions an interview with Jessica Mah, founder of inDinero
- [04:55] – What was your goal for The Freedom Journal and how did you crush it? “I’ve been working on my program called “Invention Idea to Profitable Product”, so I used The Freedom Journal to formulate that… I did crush it, although it took me 3 times”
- [05:45]– Meghan says The Freedom Journal is an amazing tool, but you have to be willing to put in the hard work
- [06:09] – Don’t skip parts or do the beginning of the journal immediately – take your time
- [06:34] – Write down your goals on each page
- [07:49] – “The goal has to be relevant in your life”
- [08:11] – How do you define Productivity? “You have this plan… you know exactly what you need to execute on and just knock those action items out to get where you need to be”
- [08:56] – Meghan’s productivity struggle is finding time to create her plan and getting caught up with tasks
- [10:34] – How do you define Discipline? “Just making the time and space to execute on that plan… just setting up a schedule and sticking to it”
- [11:20] – You really need to find your why and be connected to that
- [11:41] – Her struggle with discipline is thinking of all the tasks that need to be done
- [12:07] – Write down your tasks
- [12:13] – JLD uses WorkFlowy to organize his tasks
- [13:23] – How do you define Focus? “Eliminating that shiny object syndrome and looking at what you already have and how you can optimize that”
- [14:49] – One distraction for Meghan is that her husband is getting out of the military and they will be moving soon
- [15:49] – The Mastery Journal has 4 focus sessions per day
- [16:58] – The Mastery Journal – Master Productivity, Discipline and Focus in 100 days!
- [17:58] – The Lightning Round
- What is the best advice you can give on productivity? – “Take an hour of the week and plan for the next week”
- What is something that you believe in now that you didn’t 6 months ago? – “I haven’t traditionally connected with my audience on Facebook… now, I’ve embraced it”
- Who do you admire most in the online space? – “It’s definitely you two (JLD and Kate)… I’ve been listening to Pat Flynn a lot, too, and then more recently Michael O’neal’s Solopreneur Hour”
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning in a brand new world, identical to earth, but you knew no-one. You still have all the experience and knowledge you currently have, your food and shelter is taken care of, but all you have is a laptop and $500 dollars. What would you do in the next 7 days? “I would look for any live events that are going on… go to those events, get to know the people there, follow up with them and then further foster that relationship”
- [23:18] – Check out the Social Media Marketing World event at EOFire.com/SMMW
- [23:36] – Meghan’s FREE Gift to Fire Nation is a video series all about getting your medical device idea into the market place
- [24:09] – IMUA’s goal is to advance forward passion despite rough waves
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!