Suzanna is a former computer scientist who speaks 6 languages, turned into a Ms. Natural Olympia bodybuilding champion, then a competitive tennis player, author, speaker, raw vegan athlete, and performance and injury prevention specialist with over 25 years of experience. She holds an eCornell certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- MyFitnessPal – Suzanna’s small business resource
- Michael Gregor’s How Not to Die – Suzanna’s Top Business Book
- Suzanna’s website
- The Mastery Journal – Master Productivity, Discipline and Focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Small actions eventually compound into a huge change—therefore, start small.
- Your body has its own rhythm—learn not to force it, but work within that rhythm.
- Do the things you’ve promised yourself you’d do.
- Host Gator: With HostGator, having a website is easy AND affordable. Visit HostGator.com/fire for 60% off today!
- Klaviyo: If you’re an eCommerce marketer looking to make more money through super-targeted, highly relevant email and advertising campaigns, then sign up for free today at Klaviyo.com!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:05] – Suzanna tries to do pretty much everything
- [01:11] – She was born in Czechoslovakia, lived in Sweden, and is now living in Venice Beach
- [01:24] – She encourages others to be healthy and to guide others to do the same
- [02:02] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: Suzanna is extremely passionate about health. People normally say they don’t have time for exercise but what they don’t know is they can do small things, everyday, that will compound into huge results
- 03:42 – JLD reiterates the principles of the books The Slight Edge and The Compound Effect. Doing small things adds up to huge positive effects
- [05:02] – Suzanna has fresh juice for breakfast every day
- [05:59] – What was your goal for The Freedom Journal and how did you crush it? “My first Journal was about my business goal. It was about speaking – public speaking, and my 2nd Journal is a physical goal”
- [06:30] – In her first journal, Suzanna was able to book herself as a speaker at a yoga expo!
- [06:54] – Suzanna’s 2nd Journal was dedicated to a physical goal: pole fitness
- [07:08] – She became immediately obsessed and used The Freedom Journal
- [07:40] – Suzanna talks about her business goal vs. physical goal
- [08:19] – She learned to be patient and to give it time
- [09:07] – The body needs its own rhythm
- [10:11] – JLD talks about Suzanna’s pole pose in the Facebook group
- [11:31] – How do you define Productivity? “Productivity is pretty much performance”
- [12:13] – Her curiosity sometimes becomes Suzanna’s struggle in productivity
- [12:56] – How do you define Discipline? “I do all the things that I promised myself I’d do”
- [14:08] – How do you define Focus? “It’s obsessive attention”
- 15:13 – JLD spent a whole year of obsessive attention in creating The Mastery Journal
- [15:53] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I think it was my upbringing”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Discipline over time; you can accomplish anything”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Discipline”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – MyFitnessPal
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Michael Gregor’s How Not to Die
- [22:28] – Do little things every day, because they compound over time
- 22:46 – Connect with Suzanna on TennisFitnessLove.com
- 23:01 – Suzanna has a 48-page ebook about eating healthier, which you can download at TennisFitnessLove.com/fire
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Real Revenue: Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and turn ANY idea into a revenue generating MACHINE!