Bill is widely recognized worldwide as a leading dentist who is responsible for creating smiles for many of Hollywood’s brightest stars. In fact, he is a world-renowned lecturer & author of the best-selling cosmetic dentistry book, The Smile Guide & the NY Times bestseller Billion Dollar Smile. He recently also became the new spokesperson for cosmetic dentistry for 1-800-DENTIST.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- The whole Internet is Dr. Bill’s business resource
- Good to Great and Think and Grow Rich – Dr. Bill’s Top Business Books
- Billion Dollar Smile – Dr. Bill’s Book
- Bill’s website
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
- Funnel On Fire – A free 8 day course on how to create a funnel that converts!
3 Key Points:
- One path can lead you to more opportunities for success than you have ever imagined.
- Seek out and learn from people who have achieved success in their careers.
- Do whatever you can to keep your customers happy.
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:14] – “I wish, for every dental student, the career that I’ve had for dentistry”
- [01:24] – Dr. Bill’s career has been unbelievable and goes beyond his imagination
- [01:36] – For Dr. Bill, dentistry was the springboard to so many other amazing things that happened to him
- [01:56] – Dr. Bill has practiced dentistry for over 30 years
- [02:54] – His area of expertise is actually in entertainment
- [03:10] – He’s been casted to be part of CNBC’s new show, The Money Pit
- [03:26] – 2 weeks ago, Dr. Bill was able to sell 3 tv shows that he created
- [03:53] – Forgotcha is an app Dr. Bill developed
- [04:50] – The Dr. Bill Show was sold to a huge producer in India
- [05:07] – Viacom India bought Dr. Bill’s show, Ex Picks Next
- [05:49] – Watch Bill Dorfman’s Mannequin Challenge on Youtube!
- [07:25] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: “The world of entertainment has completely transformed… there are so many venues today that you can explode at any moment”
- [08:17] – Dr. Bill teaches copy genius in his LEAP foundation
- [09:51] – Learn from those who have come before you
- [10:23] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: In 1990, Dr. Bill built a company with his two friends, David and Robert, with nothing. Without any investors, they did $1.3B in sales over 20 years. Night White was a popular product. In 1994, they were in the midst of creating their 2nd big product, Day White. They went ahead to develop their product, but their advertising relied on dental journals. They launched the product and they had millions of dollars in orders. The problem? There was NO PRODUCT AVAILABLE.
- [13:48] – They had a lot of angry customers
- [14:09] – At 4:30 a.m. on January 17th 1994, the Northridge Earthquake saved them
- [14:33] – The quake delayed them further, but they had a valid excuse
- [16:08] – Make lemonade out of lemons
- [16:55] – Make sure you have happy customers
- [17:35] – Social media now makes it possible for unhappy customers to reach tens of thousands of people when they have something negative to say
- [19:01] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Nothing”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Copy genius”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I never give up. Failure is not an option”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – The whole Internet
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Good to Great and Think and Grow Rich
- [22:15] – The best way to connect with Dr. Bill is in person
- [22:18] – LEAP foundation is open for 15 to 25 year olds
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!
Subscribe to EOFire!
1604: Dr. Bill Dorfman