Jon is a behavior scientist best known for his work in Influence, networking and adventure. He is the author of The 2 AM Principle: Discover the science of adventure, and the Founder of The Influencers Dinner, a secret dining experience attend by Nobel laureates, Olympians, celebrities, executives, royalty, etc.
Click to tweet: Fire Nation, Jon shares his incredible journey on EOFire today!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- 00:15 – FireUP – Turn your website visitors into leads!
- [01:10] – Jon shares how an experience in 8th grade led him to study human behavior science
- [03:10] – Jon’s area of expertise is how to affect decision making
- [03:20] – Jon talks about the peaks and end of an experience and the “Ikea effect”
- [04:46] – JLD shares his own experience with the “Ikea effect”
- [05:25] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Not really an entrepreneurial moment, but Jon moving was a difficult time in his life – it was after he had a terrible breakup and decided to travel around the world
- [09:30] – Jon defines adventure and relates it to entrepreneurs
- [12:15] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: When Jon was at a seminar and he heard the speaker talk about the fundamental element that defines the core of peoples’ lives
- [14:35] – JLD shares his closing quote by Jim Rohn
- [15:14] – “Really look at the people in your life”
- [18:00] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Not feeling like I had a specific idea or value that I could give”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – About curating your community and that it takes a long time to be a success
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I make sure that the people in my life know how much I appreciate them”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Ask Wonder
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Influence by Robert Cialdini
- [20:35] – “Whatever it is that you are looking to do next, ask yourself what skill sets you need to develop”
- 21:05 – Connect with Jon on his website, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
3 Key Points:
- As you look to the goal you want to achieve, ask yourself what skill sets you need to develop that will take you there.
- The more people are invested in you, the more likely they are to buy from you.
- It is important to curate the people that are around you, as they will influence who you are and who you will become.
- Ask Wonder – Jon’s top business resource
- Influence – Jon’s top business book
- Audible – Get a 30–day free trial of fantastic audiobooks!
- The 2 AM Principle, Discover the Science of Adventure – Jon’s book
- Jon Levy – Jon’s website
- Connect with Jon at Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- FireUP – Turn your website visitors into leads!
- The Freedom Journal – Set and Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
- DesignCrowd: Post your design project on DesignCrowd today and get a special $100 VIP offer! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire and enter the discount code FIRE when posting your project!
- The Complacent Class: What is making us COMPLACENT in the face of such challenges? Find out in The Complacent Class from New York Times best-selling author Tyler Cowen, available where books are sold.
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, grow, and monetize YOUR Podcast!