Bobby is a best-selling author and intellectual property attorney, who helps entrepreneurs, startups, and innovators harness the power of their intellectual property and reduce exposure to lawsuits or brand challenges. He’s currently working on another book — an overall intellectual property guide for entrepreneurs.
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Living Forward – Bobby’s Top Business Book
- Bobby’s website
- Connect with Bobby on Twitter
- FunnelOnFire – An 8-day course on how to create a funnel that converts!
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline, and focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Your intellectual property is a lot more valuable than what you think and needs to be safeguarded.
- Protect your own interests – have everything put in writing.
- Don’t wait for the perfect time – start taking action now.
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:05] – Bobby is an entrepreneur and he owns a law firm
- [01:21] – He’s married, with a 3.5-year old daughter, and 2 dogs
- [02:14] – Bobby’s area of expertise is in helping entrepreneurs and small companies create strategies to harness their intangible assets for their benefit
- [02:51] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: Entrepreneurs don’t realize how important intellectual property is to their business and the value they’re creating. Intellectual property and intangible assets represent between 40% and 95% of the value of the company
- [03:17] – Most of the value entrepreneurs have to offer is in their brands
- [04:33] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Bobby was holding his 2-month old daughter with no job, no business, and no clear idea of what he’s going to do next. 4 years before that, Bobby went into a partnership with 2 other attorneys where they had no formal agreement around how he would become a partner. He didn’t get paid if the firm had no revenue. It became clear to Bobby that he needed to leave
- [09:53] – “If it’s not in writing, it doesn’t happen”
- [10:50] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: When Bobby launched his firm, he felt he could do anything that was related to litigation and lawsuits. He started working with a business coach and her first question was, “what kind of lawyer are you?” and it made it clear to Bobby that he wanted to be an intellectual property lawyer for entrepreneurs
- [13:25] – If families and friends cannot share what you do with clarity, you’re flat-out failing
- [14:35] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I am just in the early process of launching a new initiative and I’m putting it under the brand, Protect Your Genius”
- 15:41 – Find out more about Bobby on his website
- [16:20] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Safety”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Don’t wait until it’s perfect”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Mindfulness”
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Living Forward – “the concept of life planning is so important”
- [20:12] – “Don’t try to hit a homerun”
- 20:48 – Connect with Bobby on his website and on Twitter
- 20:56 – Get Bobby’s course on KlinckLLC.com/Fire
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Webinar Course: Create a Webinar that converts!