Nicky is co-host of the podcast The Business Of Thought Leadership, featuring amazing guests like Seth Godin, Larry Winget and yours truly :) He is the best-selling author of Finish Line Thinking: How To Think & Win Like A Champion. He is co-founder of eCircle Academy, which helps coaches and consultants 10X their income while working less.
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Finish Line Thinking: How to Think and Win Like a Champion – Nicky’s book
- The Business of Thought Leadership – Nicky’s website
- Connect with Nicky via email and on his podcast
- Gift for Fire Nation – FREE Authority Marketing Blueprint!
- FunnelOnFire – An 8-day course on how to create a funnel that converts!
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Be very specific in defining your niche.
- Always come from a space of love—people will do business with you if they know you care.
- Learn to take responsibility for all your actions.
- ViralSweep: Build and run your own sweepstakes and contests that you can put right on your website! To show you the power of ViralSweep, we’re running the Ignite Your Fire Sweepstakes! To read official rules and enter, visit EOFire.com/win! Open to US residents only.
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- 01:10 – Nicky’s book, Finish Line Thinking: How to Think and Win Like a Champion, became a #1 international bestseller
- [01:20] – He also had the privilege of working with a mentor – Nicky helped him do something incredible
- 01:28 – Raymond Aaron ran a polar race
- [01:41] – Raymond taught Nicky that the most important thing he could do for his success is to ensure he speaks in the singular
- 02:11 – Nicky was on Episode 1081 of EOFire
- [02:41] – Thought leadership is when a person is known for doing something
- [03:07] – People who need help in your area of expertise are going to come to you
- [03:39] – “If you don’t have clarity around your message, you’re not going to have clarity in who your message can help”
- [04:40] – A niche message is a very specific message that is tailored to an individual who has a specific problem
- [05:32] – “You have to know who your target market is”
- [05:48] – A target market is a group of people an entrepreneur can readily identify
- [05:58] – Nicky shares how he helped his client, Dan, get clear on a niche message
- [07:03] – Dan’s niche message helped him go from 7 clients to 280
- [08:24] – Being a coach limits you
- [08:44] – Being a thought leader makes you someone who helps people through your expertise in a variety of ways
- [10:18] – What lights Nicky up are men like JLD spreading the fire of entrepreneurship, getting to see people believe in the majesty of their dreams, and helping people succeed
- [11:09] – What sets Nicky apart is that he sells from a space of love
- [12:26] – “I care about these people”
- [13:15] – If you come from a place of love and care, people will feel it and they will choose to do business with you
- [13:59] – In September 2009, Nicky’s then-wife left him out of the blue
- [14:16] – As a result, Nicky lost almost 95% of their clients. Without the grace of his family, he would be living in the streets
- [14:45] – Whatever you’re facing, don’t do it alone
- [15:01] – Nicky took responsibility and that’s when he found success
- [15:32] – His failure helped him realize that no man or woman is an island
- [16:08] – The cause of Nicky’s success is the people who he’s worked with
- [17:02] – Leading a legacy of champion entrepreneurs and fathers is Nicky’s success
- 17:31 – Connect with Nicky via email and on his podcast
- 18:50 – The Freedom Journal helped Nicky increase his financial success by 50%!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, Grow and monetize YOUR Podcast!