Brenda is a former 3rd grade teacher, turned successful entrepreneur. She started using the Internet to earn extra income to support her 3 girls, but that soon turned into a thriving Internet marketing and consulting business. She now helps entrepreneurs achieve their next major milestone in their career.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Click Funnels – Brenda’s small business resource
- The Slight Edge with Jeff Olson – Brenda’s Top Business Book
- Results 513 – Brenda’s website
- Free Podcast Course – A free 15-day course on how to Create, Grow & Monetize YOUR Podcast!
- How to Finally Win – Create your dream life one step at a time!
3 Key Points:
- There are people who are just meant to be entrepreneurs—you’ll never know if it’s you unless you try.
- It is critical to surround yourself with people who believe in you and support you.
- Don’t shortchange yourself—charge that higher price point and give your customers more value.
- IRS Medic: Visit IRSMedic.com/fire to get help with international business compliance and all of your tax challenges today!
- DesignCrowd: Post your design project on DesignCrowd today and get a special $100 VIP offer! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire and enter the discount code FIRE when posting your project!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- 00:15 – Free Podcast Course – A free 15-day course on how to Create, Grow & Monetize YOUR Podcast!
- [01:01] – Brenda lives in Florida with her three girls and dogs
- [01:40] – Brenda was looking at how to earn extra money and stay home with her girls when she became an entrepreneur
- [02:10] – JLD likes Brenda’s analogy of “blooming” as it relates to finding out what being an entrepreneur is all about
- [02:45] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: Breaking down an abstract and large concept into smaller, specific steps
- [03:03] – Brenda used to coach gymnastics and this gave her the skills she needed to break things down
- [03:50] – Many people think there is just one magic strategy they are missing
- [04:17] – It’s a simple process and you just have to do it
- [04:35] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: I lost my power and let self-doubt get in the way
- [05:37] – The more success I had, the worse my marriage got
- [06:15] – Brenda gave up on herself because she was undermined by those close to her
- [06:28] – Brenda ended her relationship with her husband
- [07:01] – JLD says it is difficult having people in your life that are negative because they can drag you down
- [08:47] – Those who support you should be at the forefront and center of your life
- [09:15] – Greatest Idea: When I realized that I can sell high tickets
- [10:07] – Brenda found she could earn more in a shorter amount of time by giving more value to her customers
- [11:27] – When JLD launched The Freedom Journal, he had a hard time pricing the pledge levels, but his “Day with JLD” sold out in a day
- [11:51] – Use the high price point because you can use it to anchor everything else
- [12:33] – It all comes down to value—believe in yourself and charge more for that
- [13:13] – It will also give you the chance to give MORE
- [13:31] – Continually ask the question, “What else?”—this can help you respond to your customers better and give them more value
- [14:04] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? – I do not have the next 6 months planned and just following my happiness compass
- [14:39] – JLD says sometimes the path of least resistance is the right path
- [15:21] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I had no idea that’s what I was”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Perfectionism will slow you down and it does not work that well. People want to see the real you, whether you make a mistake or not”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I started meditating on a daily basis”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – ClickFunnels
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson
- [16:36] – Brenda’s meditation style is to just let it happen; but it starts with a session of gratitude, clearing her mind, and centering
- 17:40 – Check out the webinar with Russell Brunson about funnels
- [18:34] – Empower yourself and empower others
- 18:55 – Connect with Brenda at her website
- 19:46 – How to Finally Win – Create your dream life one step at a time!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!