Brian Liu is the founder and CEO of BizCounsel, a revolutionary platform that is changing the way business owners access lawyers. He is the founder and former chairman and CEO of LegalZoom.
Try BizCounsel for free! – Sign up to try BizCounsel and get 1 month free service – a special for Fire Nation!
3 Value Bombs
1) You have to make your business stable and successful first before thinking of protecting it.
2) Nothing is better than having an experienced professional you can trust, who can really help guide you through your business problems and nip those issues before they bud.
3) Smart business owners shouldn’t be distracted and spend hours researching a legal issue just to save little bit of money when you can have experts does it at an adequate price.
ClickFunnels: With ClickFunnels’ new One Funnel Away Challenge you can have your funnel up, running, and optimized in just 30 days! Join the next One Funnel Away Challenge for just $100 at EOFire.com/funnel!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to Bulletproof Your Business with Brian Liu
[0:03] – Brian shares something about himself that most people don’t know.
- He got his entrepreneurial start with a fortune teller! He went to a park with his cousin and talked to a fortune teller who told him that he was going to be a successful business owner and entrepreneur.
[2:18] – At what point should a business owner think about protecting what they have built?
- You have to make the business stable and successful first before thinking of protecting it.
[4:15] – When do most business owners actually get to doing something about protecting what they’ve built?
- You start worrying about it once you’ve got something to protect.
- Protect your business from legal disputes – you never know when and where they might come.
[8:17] – What is the best way to protect your business from personal liability?
- Form an LLC (Limited Liability Company) to bulletproof your personal assets, and have the right type of insurance in place to protect and defend you.
[12:02] – How often do experienced business owners face legal issues?
- In Brian’s experience, he has seen 50% of small business owners face serious legal issues every year.
[13:54] – What are the 3 most common legal issues faced by business owners?
- Employment disputes
- Contract disputes
- Partnership disputes
[16:42] – How can you avoid these legal problems in the first place?
- Nothing is better than having an experienced professional you can trust, and who can help guide you through your business problems and nip those issues before they bud.
[20:00] – Why is the cost of protection worth it?
- It’s worth it if the price is right.
- A lot of business owners aren’t going to spend until a problem occurs.
[22:19] – Brian’s invite to Fire Nation…
- Try BizCounsel for free! – Sign up to try BizCounsel and get 1 month free service – a Fire Nation special!
[23:51] – Brian’s parting piece of guidance
- Smart business owners shouldn’t be distracted and spend hours researching a legal issue just to save little bit of money. You can have experts do it at an adequate price.
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!