John is a pioneer of online life coaching whose divorce led to his re-birth as an unconventional therapist. He’s on a mission to train others to help people get unstuck and change their lives.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Shft.us – John’s small business resource
- The Angry Therapist: A No BS Guide to Finding and Living Your Own Truth – John’s book
- The Angry Therapist – John’s website
- Connect with John on Instagram and via email
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
- EOFire – Check out JLD’s 5 FREE courses for you!
3 Key Points:
- Never exchange your truth for anything.
- Know your value and worth.
- If you can add or give any value to people, do it.
- Four Sigmatic: Mushroom Coffee – that doesn’t actually taste like mushrooms – and that has a ton of benefits! It tastes just like regular coffee, and I love that it gives me a strong and steady energy force that lasts the entire day thanks to the active ingredient: Lion’s mane mushroom. Visit FourSigmatic.com/fire and enter promo code FIRE for 15% off your order today!
- Gusto: Making payroll, benefits, and HR easy for small businesses like us! Sign up today and you’ll get 3 months free once you run your first payroll! Visit Gusto.com/fire today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:00] – John believes that he lives two lives
- [01:25] – His area of expertise is in creating a dialogue
- [01:58] – Consistency is where people fall through
- [02:42] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Therapists are trained to not show any part of themselves—John decided to pull the curtain back. He chose to show people that he is vulnerable, too
- [03:00] – People in the wellness business need to practice more vulnerability
- [03:31] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: A few years ago, John was gaining traction. He really felt like he needed to grow so he wanted a partner. He met someone and ended up giving away 40% of his company. Unfortunately, the partnership didn’t turn out well. John decided to end the partnership by giving the money back
- [04:52] – The mistake was that John exchanged truth for memberships
- [05:48] – The question is, “Can you stand on your truth?”
- [06:32] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Seven years ago, John decided to pour his heart out and help a person out. He wrote a 3 to 4-page email in response to a person who had been emailing him, asking for support. To his surprise, the sender gave him $20 through PayPal. Right then and there, John realized that he could actually earn money online
- [08:09] – Know your value and your worth
- [08:54] – You wear your emotions on your sleeve, so remember to get the inside right
- [09:38] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I’m super fired up about changing the way we change”
- [11:15]– The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “It was about disconnection”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “You’re only going to be one point in someone’s life, just be a bright one”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Shft.us
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Angry Therapist: A No BS Guide to Finding and Living Your Own Truth
- [14:05] – “Trust your story”
- 14:38 – Connect with John on his website, Instagram and via email
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Real Revenue: Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and turn ANY idea into a revenue generating MACHINE!