Brian Scudamore is the Founder & CEO of four franchise companies; an entrepreneur recognized for his passion, vision, and faith in people. He started his first business, 1-800-GOT-JUNK? at the age of 19. He went on to revolutionize that industry. But he didn’t stop there. In 2010 came WOW 1 DAY PAINTING, in 2013, You Move Me, and in 2015, Shack Shine all under the O2E Brands banner.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Shack Shine – another business of Brian
- Erik Church – President and COO of Brian’s O to E Brands
- Flipboard – Brian’s Small Business Resource
- E-Myth by Michael Gerber – Brian’s Best Business Book
3 Key Points:
- It’s all about people
- If it’s to be, it’s up to me
- Never compromise the quality of people you bring into your organization
- eVoice: No need for two phones – just get a second line added to your mobile phone! Use promo code FIRE for a 60-day free trial!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:38] – John introduces Brian
- [01:12] – Brian shares his personal life
- [01:22] – Shack Shine
- [01:59] – How Brian’s businesses generate revenue
- [03:01] – Worst Entrepreneur Moment – I haven’t picked the right people
- [04:23] – Finding the right people and treating them right is what this is all about
- [05:03] – Hiring and firing process
- [06:46] – Slow to hire; Quick to fire
- [08:13] – Entrepreneur AH-HA Moment – I created a manifesto –a painted picture
- [11:14] – If it’s to be, it’s up to me
- [11:50] – Know where you’re going; don’t just think about how to get there.
- [12:45] – Brian’s biggest weakness as an entrepreneur – Execution
- [13:31] – Erik Church
- [14:43] – Brian’s biggest strength as an entrepreneur –The ability to tell stories
- [15:52] – One thing that has Brian most fired up today – Entrepreneurship
- [19:22] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? –Nothing
- What is the best advice you have ever received? – Never compromise the quality of people you bring into your organization
- What is a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Time management
- Can you share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation? – Flipboard
- If you can recommend a book for our listeners what would it be? – E-Myth by Michael Gerber
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!